Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's next for the Puerto Rican fanbase?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
    I think the Puerto Rican fanbase or any Fanbase who only follow boxing for nationalistic reason can gain in new perspective on appreciating and being a fan of a fighter's skill then where he comes from which would enrich their enjoyment of the sport even more.

"El Finito" Lopez, "Chiquita" Gonzales, Chicanito, and Chavez were some of the fighters that gravitated me to boxing because of my Mexican background. Since then I have evolved into loving the sport more for what it is then just nationalistic reasons. Am not saying the being nationalistic is necessaryly bad, but it can limit you on truely enjoy the complete talent in boxing. Just my 2 cents.

Wise words my friend I can see where you're coming from. I used to be just like that but I've become a fan of fighters based on what they do in the ring

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
      I think the Puerto Rican fanbase or any Fanbase who only follow boxing for nationalistic reason can gain in new perspective on appreciating and being a fan of a fighter's skill then where he comes from which would enrich their enjoyment of the sport even more.

"El Finito" Lopez, "Chiquita" Gonzales, Chicanito, and Chavez were some of the fighters that gravitated me to boxing because of my Mexican background. Since then I have evolved into loving the sport more for what it is then just nationalistic reasons. Am not saying the being nationalistic is necessaryly bad, but it can limit you on truely enjoy the complete talent in boxing. Just my 2 cents.
      This is how I view the sport. These nationalistic rivalries tend to get dumb and predictable. I don't share biased views and that allows me to give credit where credit is due regardless of race, heritage, or nationality.

I'll be rooting for JMM next week and I really hope he beats Pacquiao in convincing fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by Deltoro_10 View Post
        Wise words my friend I can see where you're coming from. I used to be just like that but I've become a fan of fighters based on what they do in the ring
        Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
        This is how I view the sport. These nationalistic rivalries tend to get dumb and predictable. I don't share biased views and that allows me to give credit where credit is due regardless of race, heritage, or nationality.

I'll be rooting for JMM next week and I really hope he beats Pacquiao in convincing fashion.

Comment

Danny Garcia is American

so yeah, basically they have no one

Comment

Id say Jason Velez is the only blue chip prospect that may be on the cusp of being special.

Comment

I noticed blacks arent throwing it in Puerto Ricans face about their fighters having a rough year.I remember when last year when black fighters had a rough head start people would make threads and post throwing in black boxing fans face.It was whites,Puerto Ricans, filipinos and Mexicans doing it not only on this website but also on youtube.

I know people are gonna say oh why you using the race card" or "this aint about black fighters" or "you think about race too much".All that is just a loophole people gonna use.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                Danny Garcia is American

so yeah, basically they have no one
                Cotto is american too, America is a continent.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
                  I noticed blacks arent throwing it in Puerto Ricans face about their fighters having a rough year.I remember when last year when black fighters had a rough head start people would make threads and post throwing in black boxing fans face.It was whites,Puerto Ricans, filipinos and Mexicans doing it not only on this website but also on youtube.

I know people are gonna say oh why you using the race card" or "this aint about black fighters" or "you think about race too much".All that is just a loophole people gonna use.
                  Reported...

Comment

I think this might be Danny Garcia's chance to put himself forward as a Puerto rican, Because he can really build a fanbase with those guys, But he comes across as too americanise (Sic in the Ortiz mode) and that might be difficult for him in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post

Seriously! Does everything has to do with race to you?

Comment

Working...
                      X