Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hatton: Wilder's biggest problem will be Fury's belief in himself

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
    He was 39, he was always out of shape anyway and who can say he was slow? ... he only lasted a round!!

But you missed the point. O.P stated that Wilder's wide stance is a disadvantage and I'm saying no it isn't - not when you can close large distance in half a second because of your athleticism.

Can Fury react given half a second's time to react. Yes! Can he get out of the way? Yes!

Will he always avoid every hard right during 36 minutes of action? Imo - No!
    Wilder has a few names on his record like Liakhovich,Arreola,Ortiz & Stiverne but they were all old and past their prime. I want to see him against a prime top opponent. We will find out whether Fury is really that good as in his sparring sessions.

Comment

Fury’s biggest problem will be/has been his belief in himself (or lack of it)

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
        Im sure Fury believed in himself that time he was dropped by a cruiser weight.
        He did that’s why he won. Although both fighters have immense belief they will be victorious. We will find out who was lying!
        Last edited by Noelanthony; 11-26-2018, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
          Tell that to Stiverne, Wilder closed a 4-5 foot gap in half a second to land a socking, guard-splitting, straight right plush on Bermaine's chin.
          He tried the same thing with a slow old ponderous Ortiz and remained in a Cuban thunderstorm for over 45 seconds in the 7th round. That lack of discipline to potential danger will be his undoing when he steps up and fights the emperor. You do know who the emperor is I hope? ...... and it’s not Fury🔫

Comment

Shut up Hatton and go sniff another line of coke with your drug friend Fury. War Beyonce!

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
              How much usage of drugs and alcohol does it take to diminish ones reflex. What ever the amount I'm sure fury is no where near that.
              It's impossible for you to be sure about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                He tried the same thing with a slow old ponderous Ortiz and remained in a Cuban thunderstorm for over 45 seconds in the 7th round. That lack of discipline to potential danger will be his undoing when he steps up and fights the emperor. You do know who the emperor is I hope? ...... and it’s not Fury🔫
                Are you sure that's accurate? I don't recall the "Cuban thunderstorm" being the result of Wilder coming in to fast and getting caught. Look like it was a left hand while Wilder was being lazy in the pocket.

Either way...Fury doesn't punch when he senses danger, he holds or runs. He also arm punches unless his opponent is in a full shell.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                  Are you sure that's accurate? I don't recall the "Cuban thunderstorm" being the result of Wilder coming in to fast and getting caught. Look like it was a left hand while Wilder was being lazy in the pocket.

Either way...Fury doesn't punch when he senses danger, he holds or runs. He also arm punches unless his opponent is in a full shell.
                  Tell a lie it happened in the 6th round and the 8th

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                    Wilder's biggest problem is that he's never faced a man the size of Fury with the reach of Fury. Wilder is used to having fighters in the range of that big right hand. Wilder already spreads his legs too wide, which hurts his own range. Imagine that against a 6'9" long reach fighter like Tyson. I think Fury already has this fight planned in his head like playwright and Wilder is going to have to get a KO to win. Fury is going to be moving and going in and out with shots coming from everywhere.
                    Wow, never heard of this Fury guy. Sounds like a bit Willie Pep mixed with a little Lomachenko.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
                      And lets be honest Ortiz was the only one who believed that he can beat Wilder. The rest didn't had that belief.
                      Well, to modify the adage, "believe in one hand, s-h-i-t in the other; see which one fills up first."

Comment

Working...
                      X