Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Did Dubois had to Gain from Continuing the Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly I thought his corner should of stopped the fight sooner.

Comment

He could of won a Darwin award, like all the other idiots.

Comment

A win over a top dog

Scared of does not equate to definitely would have. He could have, you know, protected his eye and won.

Comment

Originally posted by ippo View Post
          Honestly I thought his corner should of stopped the fight sooner.
          I feel the same. Fighter should not be put in position like that. I have always felt like fighters have corners to take care about that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
            People outside his immediately family continuing to care about his boxing career?
            He beats a top 5 and he's right back in the discussion. The kid is 23!

Comment

Originally posted by Fighter78 View Post
              A loss like that this early in your career will almost certainly ruin you.....he may as well have stayed in there because his career is over anyway.
              I don't get the rationale at all. The kid is still talented and has lots of room to grow, money backing him, and a great promoter. I don't see why people wouldn't want to see him fight someone like Hrgovic, Povetkin, Miller, or Yoka back in his home country. He gets a stellar win against any of this and he's back only with all his vision and wits.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                A win over a top dog

Scared of does not equate to definitely would have. He could have, you know, protected his eye and won.
                At what point does it stop.... Death???

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                  A world title and potentially millions afterwards because he beat f ucking MIGUEL COTTO? Lmao. Basically everything worth risking it for. Opposite of what was on the line here.

Might have just saved his career (and that’s not even a sure thing it sounds like). Will he get another 10+ years out of the sport? Maybe. Maybe not. But even if he never becomes a full fledged world champ, he’ll likely make a couple mil throughout his career.

He might do the same for all the marbles against AJ or Fury, but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. Nerve damage and a bad break? Yikes. I wonder if he comes back with that Margarito terminator eye.
                  There were millions on the line here, had Dubois won that fight he’d be mandatory for the WBO which essentially means Usyk or AJ. He’d have easily banked 7 figures in his next few fights had he won.

Even so what did Jamie Humble have to gain against Chris Wood? He actually had a bleed on the brain yet fought on for the full 10 rounds. G-Man had everything to gain with essentially the same injury and quit.

As a human being, I completely understand why they would quit, 99% of human beings would, I would, you would and that’s why we’re not fighters. It doesn’t make you any less of a man but it does make you less of a fighter. As 99% of fighters wouldn’t quit.

Some have fighters have it in them and some don’t. Dubois doesn’t have it in him. Can still have a good career but as history tells us, when things get tough he’ll likely crumble again.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                    A win over a top dog

Is it fair to say boxing has gone soft in the 21st century?

Kinda feels like it has...

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                      What did Paulie have to gain against Cotto...
                      thats true. paulie losing to cotto but showing "guts" basically gave him a career even though he was never very good. they even started promoting him on the networks like he was some top guy which he never was. they got him an easy belt vs lovemore ndou and then in his first title defense he got beaten up and had to rob poor herman ngoudjo. herman why!!! then he got thrown into a bunch of big fights and lost everytime in humiliating fashion.

Comment

Working...
                      X