Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Big Wins Shakes Things Up: BoxingScene Competition Index November Update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Big Wins Shakes Things Up: BoxingScene Competition Index November Update

In boxing, body of work matters. What just unfolded before our eyes does as well. When trying something new, tinkering to get to the right formula is part of the fun. In an effort to highlight which prominent fighters are fighting the genuine contenders around them, and which could do more, this strength of schedule/competition index hit an inevitable snag.
    [Click Here To Read More]

🥱all opinions

Comment

Lomo 2 losses in 15 fights moves him out of top 10. I can go 1.Spence 2. Crawford 3. Canelo or flip flop them 1-3. Everyone else is debatable.

Comment

YES. This list is nearly perfect. Anyone who says otherwise is just biased. It's using straight up facts to justify the list and it's keeping fighters from getting undue credit from C-level sparking.

And this is as factual as it gets:

Terence Crawford, despite being perceived as one of the leading candidates for the top pound for pound spot, slipped dramatically in this comparison of rated competition. Brook was unrated by TBRB or Ring coming into Crawford, and in fact did not have a win against a fighter rated by either in any weight class since Shawn Porter. Regardless of whose fault it is, one of the sport’s most talented fighters isn’t getting to make the most of the back end of his prime. In terms of the way competition is evaluated here, Crawford just scratches the top thirty.

Comment

Feels wrong to include Briedis but not Usyk.

Comment

I understand the point system but then you dont have them ranked in order by points... so whats the point?

Comment

Originally posted by SN!PER View Post
              Feels wrong to include Briedis but not Usyk.
              Agree and tried to address. Usyk can jump quick with some serious biz at heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Shyt View Post
                I understand the point system but then you dont have them ranked in order by points... so whats the point?
                Creates a baseline with the other two factors also given value. Don’t know if it’s perfect but I think this is closest to what I’m trying to highlight. As is, where each rates in each category is there. Loma will dip in total points when the Rigo win ages past 3 years for instance
                Last edited by crold1; 12-01-2020, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X