Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] Post dark, grimy bangers

Im talking along the lines of this:

Comment

^ not sure how that first tune is either dark or grimy? but props on the taskforce track. especially for a canuck! this is from when before they were taskforce in the mid 90's....pretty dark:

Comment

Comment

Anything produced by Havoc 1995-2004

Comment

Yeah fair. G&E beat is a little too digital and clean but the subject matter is pretty grimy to me. I can see how it doesn't fit the bill though but no harm in trying.

Same with this track. No idea where to drop it but I just remembered it and it's a pretty masterful feat of sampling classic songs so here it is despite general lack of griminess:

Actually my dumb ass coulda put it in the what are you listening to thread but didnt realize there was one as I wasn't browsing the subforum just saw this thread from the main page.

Last edited by YoungManRumble; 11-01-2020, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              Anything produced by Havoc 1995-2004
              oh hell yes. i think 95 was the peak golden year for hip hop.

Havoc production wise is so underrated, but for me RZA was untouchable beat wise in 95, everything he touched turned to gold, he produced Liquid swords, OB4CL and return to 36 chambers in his basement in the space of a few months. unbelievable.

Da beatminerz also criminally underrated producers, in 95 they produced Dah shining, Heltah Skeltah-nocturnal and Mic geronimo the natural.

also have that dark grimy sound

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                  You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to denium again.

Took me a minute to recognise uncle howie in ur avatar

Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

I was going to post that Cage song actually but figured you'd think he was pretty corny cause that's how I felt listening to him now.

I used to really relate to his music (not the fantasy violence, but the drugs, psychiatric, suicidal junk) , sadly still do, but try to distance myself from that kind of thinking too much. Maybe that's why Cage himself turned into some ***** emo rapper for a while and no idea wtf he is doing now, stopped paying attention.

Same kind of thing with Necro, but more so I thought that was too easy, but then I go and post unrelated corny **** cause I'm a moron. That's what I get for being a try hard.

Carry on gentlemen. I will try to redeem myself.

Comment

Working...
                    X