Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you stretch.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't use to but now I always do. Injuries suck and stretching help prevent them.

Comment

Stretching leads to better workouts so yes.

Comment

I skip stretching sometimes after workout in the gym, but I know I should do this every time afetr each workout session!

Comment

Yes stretch is one of the most important parts in the training.

Comment

Originally posted by DennisMay View Post
            I skip stretching sometimes after workout in the gym, but I know I should do this every time afetr each workout session!
            Im in the same boat.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
              That's about how much I do as well
              I have to stretch or I will feel pain in the old joins and muscles.

I walk a bit first, hang from a pull up bar, then start stretching

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                I have to stretch or I will feel pain in the old joins and muscles.

I walk a bit first, hang from a pull up bar, then start stretching
                Pull up bar in the house or in the gym? I have one in the office doorway

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  Since I started stretching I've suffered less injuries.
                  Exactly... when I was power lifting I blew out a disc. Lower back.

I was in prison where medical help isn’t good..

A guy said. Your so emotionally angry it causes you to get tense

He was an older way more knowledgeable guy... a mentor

Let go of your anger, loosen up and listen. Really listen to your body..

It was transforming..

I. Can go on, but we been buddies on line a long time...

I don’t, I lack the knowledge ,,, but staying lose not stiff is helps me a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacobson View Post
                    I didn't use to but now I always do. Injuries suck and stretching help prevent them.
                    I’m old so I really need a warm up before I stretch

You are correct

Comment

Like others have said, I never used to but I sure do now. At my age injuries don’t heal very quickly so I’m more mindful of them. I try to start my workout with some pull-ups, slowly, all the way to the bottom with some hanging time at the bottom. When I do burpees I make sure to do a full range with a full squat on the way down and on the way up. When I do wind sprints I do a full 20 second stretch on each side, alternating quads and Achilles between each sprint. Sit-ups, I extend a medicine ball over my head, reaching back as far as possible between reps.

I have better mobility now than I did 20 years ago....though, that isn’t saying a whole lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X