Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lomachenko had shown skill, poise, defense, offense.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to see this fight...

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
      Mikey Garcia is fundamentally sound but Lomachenko's movement and ability to create angles can force opponents to deviate from their fundamentals, step outside their comfort zone.

To me, it comes down to setting the right traps. Marquez dealt with Pacquiao's awkward angles and hand speed by setting traps. Baiting him into his range and getting off his combiniations.

That's kind of what I think Mikey has to do here. Force Loma to come to him and time him on his way in. What Mikey does have is a well timed jab which can do damage like a power punch. That's another weapon he can use to disrupt Loma's rhythm.
      You think it's similar to what Marquez-Pacquiao needs? Pacquiao and Loma does something similar, like using lateral movement to be in the opponents sides and creates angles, or the counter right hook, using footwork to be in an out, and especially catching punches with the gloves and forearms, but they are different in terms of overall approach of the opponent. So I guess I understand why you compare it to Pacquiao Marquez because of how Lomachenko uses foot work like Pac in creating carious angles to land, and Garcia would be the one timing him like what Marquez does.

Comment

Working...
      X