No announcement yet.

Can Povetkin take Wilders right hand?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
    He took Wlad's fine enough, and Wlad has the more proven and consistent power at top level...so I don't see why not. Povetkin has always been known as a durable guy pretty much and was never dropped before the Wlad fight (and you could potentially argue 2 of the KD were more pushes than punches).

Not saying Wilder couldn't KO him if he landed flush or with a combination, but i'd say Povetkin is at least as durable as Stiverne and has the better defense and head movement.

Better question is, can Wilder take Povetkin's power?
    When talking heavyweights, pretty much all of them are capable of knocking anyone out if they catch someone flush. I don't see any of the top guys with a freakish chin like Provo. Wilder's problem imo is he has a tendency to go straight back and leaves himself wide open to getting clipped. I don't see him getting away with that with the top guys. I honestly think Povetkin makes relatively quick work of Wilder, assuming Wilder does'nt fix that major flaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work. View Post
      so he can take a cleanly landed combinations from wilder with no trouble at all? i guess povetkin is the most iron chinned heavyweight ever.

But srsly he would get rocked no doubt
      Wilder doesn't really throw combinations or rather doesn't have the skills to. He just has a basic jab and right cross aside from his windmilling comical punches.

If he ever fights Povetkin guaranteed he throws almost exclusively jabs.

Comment

wilder has been breaking his right hand when he fights. i'm pretty sure we're never going to see him bomb with full power unless he's got a man ready to go from a lesser shot that he didn't see.

i still think the answer is no. this is HW. if a big puncher hits you flush, you're going down.

Comment

wilder needs another fight or two before he's ready for povetkin. he's got too many flaws right now.

povetkin would knock him out if they foguht next.

Comment

If Povetkin couldn't take Klitschko's punches, then he certainly can't take Wilders Punches.

Klitschko knocked Povetkin down 4 times, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              wilder needs another fight or two before he's ready for povetkin. he's got too many flaws right now.

povetkin would knock him out if they foguht next.
              Not that I disagree that he is'nt ready for Povetkin but, the time to get expirience and pad the record is over for Wilder. He is the WBC champ, Povetkin is his mandatory, and he got himself a voluntary in.

Comment

I think he can handle 2 maybe 3 of them, nothing more. Wilder hits hard, he knocked someone into a seizure ffs

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work. View Post
                  so he can take a cleanly landed combinations from wilder with no trouble at all? i guess povetkin is the most iron chinned heavyweight ever.

But srsly he would get rocked no doubt
                  Stiverne blocked everything Wilder had with his face for 12 rounds

Paying journeymen to flop like a dolphin as soon as you touch them (Wilder) isn't quite the same as knocking out top opponents (Povetkin)

Comment

Originally posted by Ellerbe Exposed View Post
                    Stiverne blocked everything Wilder had with his face for 12 rounds

Paying journeymen to flop like a dolphin as soon as you touch them (Wilder) isn't quite the same as knocking out top opponents (Povetkin)
                    And he got seriously hurt and knocked down in the second and rocked numerous times after that. Wilder's punches were hurting him bad every time he landed flush. It wasn't like he was just shaking off the shots Wlad Peter style. Had Wilder pressed for the KO he might well have got it.

As for Povetkin taking Wilder's right hand, I voted no. Outside the Wlad fight Huck had him badly shaken up and on the verge of going down. Chagaev rocked him, as did Takam. He even looked to be hurt by Chambers at times.

Povetkin's tough but he's not immune to getting hurt, and Wilder has some of the biggest power in the sport. More worryingly for Povetkin, he's always been vulnerable to a right hand, and not even a particularly educated right hand at that. Wilder doesn't need to have the skill or set up of Wlad to land his money punch; so long as he keeps throwing with bad intentions something is going to get through. If that happens then I wouldn't be surprised to see Povetkin on the canvas.

That's all assuming Povetkin doesn't get through with something first of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      Unless Wilder's gloves are loaded, as some believe they were when he fought Lyakhovich and Scott, the iron-chinned Povetkin will take The Alabama Quacker's punches no problem.

Povetkin has never been down, except for the Klitschko fight.

A better question is: can Wilder take Povetkin's punches? I think not.

But Wilder is ducking Povetkin anyway.
                      Are you serious... I heard nothing about loaded gloves? Do you dislike Wilder so much? Lmao!

Wilder obviously can take a punch, and to gloat about Povetkin noting being hurt but by a 40 year old man is quit pathetic.

I'm not completely sure how well he will take the right hand of Wilders but I'm assuming he goes Down in 8. Or a brutal beating to get TKO in the championship rounds

Comment

Working...
                      X