ron lyle vs. ken norton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ron lyle vs. ken norton?

who would win?

Norton didn`t exactly have the best chin and Lyle had a ton of power. I say Lyle by KO.

Comment

Ken Norton was a very skilled fighter with a lot of heart, but I believe Ron Lyle to be too powerful for Norton to handle. His chin was not very solid, and Lyle carried a powerful punch with him.

Ron Lyle by ko6.

Comment

Norton was a badass, and I think he could pull it off. His chin in his prime was not as bad as some say. He was *****-slapped by foreman, but who wouldnt be? I say norton stops ronnie late by tko.

Comment

Originally posted by DaddysBoy
          Norton was a badass, and I think he could pull it off. His chin in his prime was not as bad as some say. He was *****-slapped by foreman, but who wouldnt be? I say norton stops ronnie late by tko.
          I agree with all that and even the final outcome you predicted is entirely possible, as Norton certainly was a much better late round's fighter than was Lyle (Lyle's lack of stamina was shown in a few fights...vs. Ali, Quarry, and even Foreman).

Norton's chin obviously wasn't one of his strongest attributes, but I think it was more of his mindset when facing those HUGE punchers that was the main problem...He looked intimidated and fought completely different than normal against Foreman, as he tried mainly to stay away from Big George by using his legs. And in his fight with Shavers, he fought similiar and didn't offer nothing in return as he just laid on the ropes and let Shavers belt away at him (it should be noted that Norton was already past his best at that point).

Lyle didn't have the power of Foreman or Shavers nor was he as agressive with his hurtful intentions, so him winning by KO isn't the so obvious answer to me. It could happen, yes, but I think the chances of the superior talent in Norton taking him deep & drowning him are just about as likely to happen...

I think I'll sit on the fence for this one, and it's kind of a shame that this fight was cancelled when it was scheduled to take place in the spring of '77.

Comment

i think it depends on the year 1976 id pick norton by decision,1978 i would go with lyle by ko

Comment

I think Ken Norton might just win!

Comment

Norton wins by close decision.

Comment

bump......

Comment

Lyle by KO. Based on a styles + strengths and weakness's.

Comment

Working...
                    X