Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: 'Triple L' Golovkin Came Up Short, I'd Work Him Over!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
    Triple L is awesome smack.

But Floyd needs to be real.

If he came out of retirement to fight Lil g at 154, he'd make a crapload of money as well

Maybe the same money.

Not because Triple L is as well known as McGroggy...but because the same folks would buy either fight.

Folks who want to see Floyd get his azz whupped.
    No he wouldn't.

[MENTION]What did he mean by "he lost 3 times to me" [/MENTION]

-PBP- That lost me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Deletrious View Post
      What a classless self promoter. Takes credit for what other people do, insults everyone he refused to fight.
      He didn't refused to fight Triple L.

They were in different weight classes.

And the guy that said he could get to 154 never demonstrated he actually could.

He had 3 years to do it. Never tried, not once.

If Lil g had actually gone down in weight and beat someone good at 154, the case might be made for a duck.

But if the guy didn't call him out and if they were divisions apart...hard case to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        McGregor is selling 1mil PPV's. How does 170k PPV's equal a crap load of money?
        I am not saying Triple L brings what McScrooge does.

I am saying it is largely moot because the same demographic would buy either fight, and in similar numbers.

Folks who want to see Floyd finally "get what's coming to him"

Of course, those folks would be disappointed yet one more time.

I don't see Floyd losing to either guy even at 40.

Comment

Mayweathers a great, Triple L a fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
            Like a little dog barking from behind the fence.
            Lol. Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              McGregor is selling 1mil PPV's. How does 170k PPV's equal a crap load of money?
              Even if the fight does like 700-800k, which is what I would expect for it to do, and Floyd gets 80% of the PPV it's not something that would entice him if you add up all the numbers. Someone would have to get lots of extra cash from somewhere else to give to Floyd to make that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                Mr. 97k, little G, gennady gift golovkin, and now Triple L.

Am i forgetting any?
                Yeah, those are all names Canelo fans call ggg. Canelo himself though calls ggg the boogie man aka Mr. Steal your belt.

Comment

berto was an amazing money fight just like guerrero

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    No he wouldn't.

[MENTION]What did he mean by "he lost 3 times to me" [/MENTION]

-PBP- That lost me too.
                    Yeah, he would because the same folks that bought the Canelo fight en masse and the Pac fight en masse would buy either fight en masse.

You wanna argue that McFly would have more buys, I won't protest much- 1.5 vs 1.75 or so are both big enough numbers.

(Yeah, I am one of a few who don't see a MMA vs Boxing as some mega fight to outdo everything before it).

And the 3 three loss thing confused me as well.

Still funny tho.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                      I am not saying Triple L brings what McScrooge does.

I am saying it is largely moot because the same demographic would buy either fight, and in similar numbers.

Folks who want to see Floyd finally "get what's coming to him"

Of course, those folks would be disappointed yet one more time.

I don't see Floyd losing to either guy even at 40.
                      No they wouldn't. I thought after this fight people would put into perspective GGG's star power. Hardcore boxing fans buy his fights. Floyd fighting GGG would be Floyd introducing him to the casual fans. Why would Floyd do that when he could make way more money fighting Canelo? Floyd isn't in the business of introducing fighters to casual fans unless he's promoting them. The only current boxer who can sell out Vegas like Floyd is Canelo and he needs no introduction

Comment

Working...
                      X