Apocalypto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
    Overrated.

Portrayed Mayans as hardcore savages despite having mastered astrology, mathematics, and the arts.

Instead we had Jaguar Paw lookin like a super hero running as fast as prime Usain Bolt despite having arrows shot through his ribcage smh..

Of course white people love the shít out this movie with the Spanish missionaries lookin like saviors at the end #thumbsDown

Was entertaining tho
    You could master the world and still be a hardcore savage. Germany was the most advanced nation on the planet in 1939, that still didn't stop them for gassing and slaughtering 6 million people.

As for the Maya for all of their advancements they never invented the wheel, a hallmark to any supposed advanced civilization. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the civilization showcased were the Aztecs, as the Mayans had died out several hundred years prior to the colonists arrival.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
      You could master the world and still be a hardcore savage. Germany was the most advanced nation on the planet in 1939, that still didn't stop them for gassing and slaughtering 6 million people.

As for the Maya for all of their advancements they never invented the wheel, a hallmark to any supposed advanced civilization. Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought the civilization showcased were the Aztecs, as the Mayans had died out several hundred years prior to the colonists arrival.
      No need for a wheel. The Aztecs and Mayans ran everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post

^ Well thats the thing, thats one of the biggest problems with the film that really highlights it's inaccuracies.

Comment

It's not a history lesson it's a action filled movie.
          I loved the brutality of it all.

Comment

Working...
          X