Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Will Add Weight For Fury Rematch; Targets 245 Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder Will Add Weight For Fury Rematch; Targets 245 Pounds

NEW YORK Deontay Wilder would like to weigh 245 pounds for his inevitable rematch with Tyson Fury. The WBC heavyweight champion understands, of course, that adding 30-plus pounds between their title bouts probably isn't realistic. Wilder still wants to be noticeably heavier than the 212 pounds he weighed for his 12-round split draw with Fury on December 1 at Staples Center in Los Angeles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If he comes in 245 he will lose. I promise you.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
      If he comes in 245 he will lose. I promise you.
      He'll lose regardless of what weight he comes in at. Fury is the superior boxer.

Comment

220-225 should be ideal weight for wilder

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
          He'll lose regardless of what weight he comes in at. Fury is the superior boxer.
          At lower weights Wilder has a chance. He can keep throwing that right. Not only will he be slower but also have less stamina. I think the higher he comes in the bigger chance of him getting knocked out.

Comment

But I thought he said he wanted to prove that weight doesn't matter and doesn't win fights. I don't see him being able to put on that much weight unless he puts on some fat. He'll be slower on his feet which will benefit fury and he'll gas faster than the 1st time. Same reason Joshua needs to cut down his bulk

Comment

the lower weight actually suits him well. Should focus on setting up the big shot, going to the body more for any rematch with Fury.

Wilder can box a lot better than what he showed, some of us were fearful he would be gassed by his power and just go looking for it and that's what he did in there. Fury's too smart for all that, when he did get clipped those were silly lapses in concentration that shouldn't have happened.
              Last edited by P4Pdunny; 12-10-2018, 08:50 AM.

Comment

I don't understand how he is so skinny. There's people 5'9 walking around at 190-200. Like the average American is heavy in general. Maybe when he talked a lot moving down in weight he was serious.

Comment

Why would he want to do that? His advantages lie in his speed and stamina... putting on35Lbs is not going to make him into a master boxer and he already has more than enough power to get the stoppage. Makes no sense.

Comment

But I thought he felt he won? Why adjust his weight if you won... Sound like he knows what really went down...

Comment

Working...
                    X