No announcement yet.

PPV Numbers wilder/fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    I hope it did big numbers but I'd honestly be surprised if it even cracked 250k.

The fight had a ton of buzz in the days leading up to the fight. I hope that translated to PPV buys but these days fans are cheap. I only bought it because my brother went in and gave me $40 bucks towards it as the PPV cost $86 here including taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      LMFAO. Good catch. I missed that.
      Dude out here pitching old models like a washed up closer. Then have the nerve to include Stevenson. It's ALWAYS the clueless ones.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
        The fight had a ton of buzz in the days leading up to the fight. I hope that translated to PPV buys but these days fans are cheap. I only bought it because my brother went in and gave me $40 bucks towards it as the PPV cost $86 here including taxes.
        It was very pricey, should've been 50 bucks. I hope it did big numbers too but I think people are being way too optimistic here.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          It was very pricey, should've been 50 bucks. I hope it did big numbers too but I think people are being way too optimistic here.
          Its been so long since US fans seen a fun lil HW PPV I can understand people thinking this is some 97k PPV just waiting to be revealed as such, but its not gonna be anything like that. HW fights are The Fights of boxing to a casuals.

Comment

300K at minimum and 600k at the highest imo. I hope it did well though.

Comment

Originally posted by fernandtg View Post
              How am I ****ting on it? It was a great fight. Nice job putting words on my mouth.
              My bad for putting words ON your mouth bro .

Comment

I'm betting it did very well in the UK. Seems like everyone managed to watch it somehow

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Nice dated info.

There is more leverage then you think with getting more of the PPV cut.

And its also worth noting that because Fox & Showtime both have their own streaming platforms & their PPV's are being sold on said platforms there is gonna be a certain % of PPV's bought through those platforms that don't gotta give a cut to a middleman cuz they our their own middleman basically.
                  Nice dated info > no info.

I’m aware of everything you posted and agree with it. However, streaming services belong to the networks, which still get their slice of the pie. It won’t be as big, but it’ll always be big enough.

We don’t have those numbers anyway, so it is mere conjecture ATM.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Dude out here pitching old models like a washed up closer. Then have the nerve to include Stevenson. It's ALWAYS the clueless ones.
                    Are you suggesting that Stevenson was a freebie that the good folks at Showtime gave the promoter?

He wasn’t part of the PPV portion of the event, but he was part of the event. The network and cable companies still get paid for airing his fight.

Chill and stay away from the caps, it’s just the internet. Not everybody can be ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by fernandtg View Post
                      Are you suggesting that Stevenson was a freebie that the good folks at Showtime gave the promoter?

He wasn’t part of the PPV portion of the event, but he was part of the event. The network and cable companies still get paid for airing his fight.

Chill and stay away from the caps, it’s just the internet. Not everybody can be ahead.
                      Yeah, he was part of the event...in Canada, for which there was a separate licensing fee. Hopefully, you understand the difference between licensing fees and the PPV model. Doesn’t seem like it. Stay in the shallow pool.

Comment

Working...
                      X