No announcement yet.

Danny Jacobs Clarifies His FA Situaton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Like hearing Jacobs understand he was high risk, low reward previously. Sometimes I don't think fighters understand that situation & utilize it quite like they should when they are in it. I'd be going from venue to venue for guys I wanted to fight til I was juice worth the squeeze from all the rub I'd be getting off of sh^ttalking mfers at their own events. Think Thurman did good with that strategy back in the day.

But to the point of the thread this should be interesting to watch transpire. Feel like Jacobs isn't gonna get the Canelo fight doe so the world should be open to him soon. Seems like the best options would be Andrade (DAZN) or Charlo (PBC) if he gets passed over & it'd be all about who offers him the best deal.
    I would hope he gets the Canelo fight in May. I don't see any reason why he shouldn't.

But if not, and Golovkin lands on PBC, that's where he's headed, no question.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      I would hope he gets the Canelo fight in May. I don't see any reason why he shouldn't.
      Hasn't Oscar already talked about David L being next? Thats been my assumption for May 2019 since I first heard David's name getting brought up.

But if not, and Golovkin lands on PBC, that's where he's headed, no question.
      LOL yea there is a weird lil wait & see thing going on right now. GGG needed to wait & see where Canelo landed before making a deal. Now Jacobs probably should wait & see where GGG lands to make the best possible decision for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Hasn't Oscar already talked about David L being next? Thats been my assumption for May 2019 since I first heard David's name getting brought up.

LOL yea there is a weird lil wait & see thing going on right now. GGG needed to wait & see where Canelo landed before making a deal. Now Jacobs probably should wait & see where GGG lands to make the best possible decision for himself.
        True on Lemieux but if Hearn wants to hold on to Jacobs, he has to go all out in trying to make that fight.

I can see why GGG probably doesn’t want to be tied to Hearn. Started his own promotional company this year, still working with Loeffler. They don’t want to go down that road. If they can’t get a direct deal like Canelo did, he’s probably not going there.

Comment

True on Lemieux but if Hearn wants to hold on to Jacobs, he has to go all out in trying to make that fight.
          Well yea of course Hearn gots to do that. But Oscar don't gotta play along. Oscar is the guy holding the cards here not Eddie. If Oscar has other plans, Oscar has other plans.

I can see why GGG probably doesn’t want to be tied to Hearn. Started his own promotional company this year, still working with Loeffler. They don’t want to go down that road. If they can’t get a direct deal like Canelo did, he’s probably not going there.
          Yea I have a hard time seeing GGG accept any non-platform deal too.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
            actually coppinger clarified that Haymon didn’t directly speak to GGG. And no word of pbc taking the rest of the squad. They are in the mix but in third.
            Haymon's rep talked to him which is essentially the same thing. Haymon actually doesn't even negotiate most of the fights directly. He will get word and then send one of his close people to do the negotiating. Luis DeCubas Jr does a lot of his negotiating for him.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              Haymon's rep talked to him which is essentially the same thing. Haymon actually doesn't even negotiate most of the fights directly. He will get word and then send one of his close people to do the negotiating. Luis DeCubas Jr does a lot of his negotiating for him.
              Rep talked to GGG. But Haymon most likely spoke to Loeffler.

Comment

Rep talked to GGG. But Haymon most likely spoke to Loeffler.
                Yep, I'm sure they did talk to Haymon at one point and he let them know he was interested and then sent the rep to meet with GGG/Loeffler during the Wilder/Fury fight.

Doesn't mean Haymon is less interested just because a rep met with GGG and not him.

Comment

Yep, I'm sure they did talk to Haymon at one point and he let them know he was interested and then sent the rep to meet with GGG/Loeffler during the Wilder/Fury fight.

Doesn't mean Haymon is less interested just because a rep met with GGG and not him.
                  I think they're the frontrunner.

Comment

I think they're the frontrunner.
                    Could very well be. Hearn is to meet with Loeffler either today or sometime this week and we will probably hear more about the situation soon. I bet now DAZN bends more than they have and give Loeffler/GGG what they want.

Of course, Arum thinks ESPN is the front runner. Basically GGG and Loeffler are in a GREAT spot right now.

Comment

Could very well be. Hearn is to meet with Loeffler either today or sometime this week and we will probably hear more about the situation soon. I bet now DAZN bends more than they have and give Loeffler/GGG what they want.

Of course, Arum thinks ESPN is the front runner. Basically GGG and Loeffler are in a GREAT spot right now.
                      Arum is on the outside looking in, getting scraps like Amir Khan. I doubt he gets GGG. But you’re right, DAZN can make a major play for him. But if it’s through Hearn, their chances likely decrease.

Comment

Working...
                      X