Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could a prime Povetkin go 12 rounds with Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And on another note what Povetkin is prime Povetkin ? The guy is a confirmed steroid cheat just like Briggs, Browne and Fury amongst the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      Like I said, I'm no scientist, I have no idea the techniques used to beat a drug test nor do you. Povetkin was prepared to beat a drug test, therefore he was doing something to minimize the amount in his body, it takes basic common sense to figure that out. The guy isn't going to take PED's and not try to hide it lmao. He tested positive for Meldonium and later Ostarine, those are facts.

Pedvetkin did not make his physical transformation until he was around 35 years old. Tyson, Lewis, Vitali, Holyfield all declined physically, nobody has made a physical transformation at HW like Pedvetkin did at his age, EVER, I dare you to find one in the history of boxing. Pro tip: you can't.

This was him at 229lbs vs Huck with a gut and excessive fat:

This is him as a 35 year old vs Charr at 225lbs, barely a 4lb difference and he's got abs. Pedvetkin dropped about 15lbs of pure fat while replacing that with lean muscle.

From age 26-34 Povetkin had a 70% KO ratio without PED's.

From age 34-36 Pedvetkin had a 100% KO ratio on PED's.

Without PED's Povetkin's KO ratio is 0%.

The last time he tested positive was his last knockout.

Common sense dude.
      Okay. So can you provide the evidence for Alexander Povetkin supposedly taking PED? I mean, concrete, irrefutable evidence? Not subjective speculation that can be interpreted anyhow?

And can you provide evidence that he actually failed any drug test for anything in the first place?

If you can, please care to share them!

Also, if Alexander Povetkin is a drug cheat as you're claiming, then why is he still allowed to box for every sanctioning body without getting banned indefinitely?

Also, are you claiming it's impossible for a human being to put on some muscle whilst losing some fat at the age of 30 without Meldonium? If yes, based on what scientific evidence? Since I've seen normal everyday human beings losing body fat at the age of 35.

And other boxers in their 30's also had 5 knockout wins in a row. Does that also mean they were also using Meldonium and PED that you're accusing Povetkin of using? If yes, based on what? Why is it impossible for him / them to achieve this feat without said PED / Meldonium?

And Alexander Povetkin also had 3 knockouts wins in a row as early as 2009 - 2010. Does that mean he was using PED then too? If yes, based on what? Why is it impossible for him to achieve this feat without said PED / Meldonium?

By the way, boxers like James Toney, Evander Holyfield and David Haye are examples of heavyweight boxers who went through similar, if not more of a physical transformation at heavyweight. And Kubrat Pulev, post age 35, whilst prepping for his fight against Anthony Joshua had less body fat than ever before and had the most visible six pack in his career. So no, Povetkin is not an exception. It's not uncommon for normal everyday average human beings, never mind athletes to lose some body fat in their 30's whatsoever. Which is pretty much what happened with Alexander Povetkin.

Either way, Alexander Povetkin's weight always remained pretty much the same. Roughly from 225 - 235 pounds. Only difference is, he lost some body fat. But the question is, how does that therefore mean he used PED? Can't a human being lose body fat through normal fat loss training without using PED?

Also, why would it even matter if the level of PED inside his body was so low, that it wouldn't even enhance a fly, never mind a full grown human being? How would that = cheating when he wouldn't even be enhanced in the first place and gain 0 benefits?
      Last edited by Mr Objecitivity; 02-24-2018, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
        And on another note what Povetkin is prime Povetkin ? The guy is a confirmed steroid cheat just like Briggs, Browne and Fury amongst the others.
        What steroid did Povetkin use and what evidence is there that he ever used PED ILLEGALLY?

Comment

So I am reading the responses in this thread so far and, for the most part, finding them reasonable. That is until I stumble upon this:

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
          Please! Alexander Povetkin is 38 years old and has only ever lost to arguably the greatest heavyweight of all time in Wladimir Klitschko without any other losses.
          Wlad Klitschko is arguably the greatest heavyweight of all time? The man whose resume consists of part-time golfers, maintenance men, and undersized cruiserweights??

This guy???

Comment

Sure! PEDvekin would certainly be on the juice in his prime, and he has the Olympic pedigree as well. Lennox might get ko'd

Comment

Originally posted by Navalny20!8 View Post
              So I am reading the responses in this thread so far and, for the most part, finding them reasonable. That is until I stumble upon this:

Wlad Klitschko is arguably the greatest heavyweight of all time? The man whose resume consists of part-time golfers, maintenance men, and undersized cruiserweights??

This guy???
              Wladimir Klitschko is also a part time golfer. Wladimir Klitschko is also a part time scientist. Wladimir Klitshcko is also a part time humanitarian and a philanthropist. So why the fu3k does it matter what the part time activity of a boxer is?

Wladimir Klitschko didn't face a single cruiser weight in his entire career (any boxer weighing below 200 pounds on fight night) out of 69 bouts. Lennox Lewis did! And so did every other heavyweight champion that came before Lennox Lewis.

And you do realize that Lennox Lewis is the one who has been knocked out twice already, and brutally to add too? And to make things worse, he was knocked out by opponents smaller than him in size.

Meanwhile, Alexander Povetkin in his amateur boxing + professional boxing + kickboxing career, spanning around 200 bouts has never been stopped ONCE, despite now being 38 years old. And Alexander Povetkin is much smaller in size compared to Lennox Lewis and has been regularly facing much larger sized opponents. Even from a young age, he's been facing fully grown men who have been much bigger in size than him.

Anyone who is objective, and isn't a hater with an agenda will find that accomplishment pretty commendable.

But according to you, Alexander Povetkin is the one who is very likely to get knocked out by Lennox Lewis. Based on what exactly? Lennox Lewis failed to KO multiple opponents far inferior to Alexander Povetkin. And he himself was knocked out twice. But Povetkin, a guy who has never been knocked out once in his career, despite being 38 years old with around 200 bouts is more likely to be knocked out than not?

I'm sorry, but I'm not part of the group that worships past boxers whilst unfairly discrediting modern boxers.

Alexander Povetkin is a better boxer than anybody Lennox Lewis beat in his entire career!

Comment

Lennox was the EMPEROR period.

Comment

Wladimir Klitschko is also a part time golfer. Wladimir Klitschko is also a part time scientist. Wladimir Klitshcko is also a part time humanitarian and a philanthropist. So why the fu3k does it matter what the part time activity of a boxer is?
                  Really? It is very simple: if one is spending most of his time improving his golf skills, then he is not spending that time improving his boxing skills. Also, if you insist on calling Wlad a "part time golfer", then it is only fair to call Corrie Sanders a "part time boxer". A part time boxer that demolished Wlad.

Wladimir Klitschko didn't face a single cruiser weight in his entire career (any boxer weighing below 200 pounds on fight night) out of 69 bouts. Lennox Lewis did! And so did every other heavyweight champion that came before Lennox Lewis.
                  Mormeck and Haye are both former cruiserweights and neither of them belonged in the heavyweight division. What is worse is that Haye is/was considered to be one of Wlad's best wins. Furthermore, the fact that Lennox Lewis faced some cruiserweights in his career does not magically make Wlad's resume better.

And you do realize that Lennox Lewis is the one who has been knocked out twice already, and brutally to add too? And to make things worse, he was knocked out by opponents smaller than him in size.
                  Why do you keep bringing up Lennox Lewis in defending Wlad's resume? Lewis avenged all his loses. Wlad did not. Lewis also faced better opposition than Wlad. Those are irrefutable facts.

Meanwhile, Alexander Povetkin in his amateur boxing + professional boxing + kickboxing career, spanning around 200 bouts has never been stopped ONCE, despite now being 38 years old. And Alexander Povetkin is much smaller in size compared to Lennox Lewis and has been regularly facing much larger sized opponents. Even from a young age, he's been facing fully grown men who have been much bigger in size than him.

Anyone who is objective, and isn't a hater with an agenda will find that accomplishment pretty commendable.
                  How does that refute anything that I said about Wlad's resume?

But according to you, Alexander Povetkin is the one who is very likely to get knocked out by Lennox Lewis. Based on what exactly? Lennox Lewis failed to KO multiple opponents far inferior to Alexander Povetkin. And he himself was knocked out twice. But Povetkin, a guy who has never been knocked out once in his career, despite being 38 years old with around 200 bouts is more likely to be knocked out than not?
                  Provide a link to where I said this.

Alexander Povetkin is a better boxer than anybody Lennox Lewis beat in his entire career!
                  First, that is your opinion and not a fact. Second, I do not see how it refutes anything that I have written.

Comment

I'd back Lewis to stop him.

Comment

The question is about prime Alexander Povetkin.d!
                      thats what i inferred genius.

still being Mr O

Comment

Working...
                      X