No announcement yet.

Misconception about Welfare Recipients

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
    Well, haha. That article presupposes quite a bit. I think it's very easy to see the numbers of distribution but to take it to the level that this group or that group has been lifted up, is rather ridiculous. How the benefits were used(which will be different from person to person) is not broken down, because it would be nearly impossible. The fact that the whites may have fared better afterward comes down to choices of how they used the benefits and other factors. I notice there is no mention of how the Asians fared from their help. It's a little hard to buy such generalizations there.
    Who knows. It is what it is. In the end, this wasn't the topic of my thread here. I agree with you that there would have to be much more information given to fully understand why whites benefit more than minorities. It states that they do clearly, but the reasons for that are left a mystery.

Much respect, bro! Appreciate the way you posted here.

Comment

Okay, bud. Now you've abandoned the study for rhetoric from the Washington Post. Look, stick the types of studies you presented earlier. News publications like this are always slanted. They're feeding you lies and you are repeating them as you accused the posters of in your OP. Stick to the facts- not opinions, lies, rhetoric and false (and very dangerous) assumptions.
      I didn't abandon anything. I've already explained that you took the conversation in a direction that it wasn't intended to go to.

If you want to discuss the Washington Post's findings, then we would need more information. They presented the facts, but not the why. I recognize that and I'm not attempting to use that in any way. I think I proved the point that I came here to prove. As for everything else, it's up to debate. But we can't assume that blacks on the dole squander their funds, nor can we assume that Whites make better decisions.

We both agree that there is more to it that is unknown, so why not just leave it at that. Again, this wasn't the point of the thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        Who knows. It is what it is. In the end, this wasn't the topic of my thread here. I agree with you that there would have to be much more information given to fully understand why whites benefit more than minorities. It states that they do clearly, but the reasons for that are left a mystery.

Much respect, bro! Appreciate the way you posted here.
        Sure, man. You seem like a sharp dude and it's a pleasure talking about all of this, especially with the study you provided. I always enjoy that, but I'm getting tired of debating or discussing news articles, no matter what side they are from. Most figures and real facts are out there, although not easy to find. It's much easier to read a news story from the day and then post it, rather than digging for truths. I'm definitely getting to be a fan of the latter. Great stuff, man!

Comment

Sure, man. You seem like a sharp dude and it's a pleasure talking about all of this, especially with the study you provided. I always enjoy that, but I'm getting tired of debating or discussing news articles, no matter what side they are from. Most figures and real facts are out there, although not easy to find. It's much easier to read a news story from the day and then post it, rather than digging for truths. I'm definitely getting to be a fan of the latter. Great stuff, man!
          No doubt. Appreciate it, bro. Sorry for all the messages. i think we got caught up in an odd read/send pattern that is making our dialogue go on longer than it has to, but definitely respected this convo. for sure! Much respect!

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
            I didn't abandon anything. I've already explained that you took the conversation in a direction that it wasn't intended to go to.

If you want to discuss the Washington Post's findings, then we would need more information. They presented the facts, but not the why. I recognize that and I'm not attempting to use that in any way. I think I proved the point that I came here to prove. As for everything else, it's up to debate. But we can't assume that blacks on the dole squander their funds, nor can we assume that Whites make better decisions.

We both agree that there is more to it that is unknown, so why not just leave it at that. Again, this wasn't the point of the thread.
            Yes, sir. Good talk!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              There's a difference between who has the highest pct and his statement of most.

His statement of " most are white " is incorrect.

36% white means....

64% non white

Meaning "most are NOT white"
              When broken down by race, most recipients are white, that's what my original post meant and the guy who quoted me knew this as the context of the OP was clearly about the racial distribution of welfare recipients.

Comment

• Does it matter ?

Welfare in general goes to those who need it most.

There are exceptions but its a tiny minority.

Comment

Working...
                X