No announcement yet.

Official Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Looks like the government maybe trying to hem up BTC via this situation.

This is happening a lot..

Uncle Sam cracking down...

I think more often than not, this is tax related and hiding income, rather than some criminal kingpin washing his money.

It just technically is money laundering, as you aren’t reporting the gains/income as using another mechanism to “wash” your money. most likely crypto to crypto. Traders are probably only claiming the gains they pull out or crypto-dollar transactions, and not the gains they make on crypto-crypto. Washing the money thru crypto to crypto trades. My best guess as I have seen several charges like this over the past week or so.

Comment

• Well Bitcoin continues its recovery and has now hit my predicted target of $11k USD (2 posts ago). It's currently trading at $11,136 USD.

Wasn't there a bet on here between posters as to whether Bitcoin would hit $5k USD (it almost got there but didn't quite hit that low) or $20k USD? The result of that should be interesting. could go either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
        Well Bitcoin continues its recovery and has now hit my predicted target of $11k USD (2 posts ago). It's currently trading at $11,136 USD.

Wasn't there a bet on here between posters as to whether Bitcoin would hit $5k USD (it almost got there but didn't quite hit that low) or $20k USD? The result of that should be interesting. could go either way.
        It hit 5k but our terms of bet were rather vague and eff pandas never really talks to me anymore or responds so i don’t know what’s up with him or the bet.

This run up is banks are legit getting into this and going to make a killing.

The investment is imaginary but the money people are pouring in is legit. Banks are going to start raping the robinhood HODL kids.

The banks will pour money in, stabilize the downturn, get confidence back (like this run now),, they will let it ride and then they will pump,, rinse and repeat over and over again, all the while collecting fees.

Similar to subprime loans, and lenders preying on financially naive people

Blockchain is and always has been the real value, not the coins.

Crypto with banks behind the trading will turn it into a commodity exchange just like oil or pork bellies.

There is def enough desperate people willing to buy these for the chance of 1000% gains, so if people willing to buy and sell these coins, the banks will get into the action with little risk and just print money by manipulating the market. As long as it has buyers, the banks can make money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          It hit 5k but our terms of bet were rather vague and eff pandas never really talks to me anymore or responds so i don’t know what’s up with him or the bet.

This run up is banks are legit getting into this and going to make a killing.

The investment is imaginary but the money people are pouring in is legit. Banks are going to start raping the robinhood HODL kids.

The banks will pour money in, stabilize the downturn, get confidence back (like this run now),, they will let it ride and then they will pump,, rinse and repeat over and over again, all the while collecting fees.

Similar to subprime loans, and lenders preying on financially naive people

Blockchain is and always has been the real value, not the coins.

There is def enough desperate people willing to buy these for the chance of 1000% gains, so if people willing to buy and sell these coins, the banks will get into the action with little risk and just print money by manipulating the market. As long as it has buyers, the banks can make money.
          Do you have a source for Bitcoin hitting $5k USD in 2018?

It never went that low according to my sources. When I think of $5k I think of $5k and not $5000-$5999

"As long as it has buyers, the banks can make money"

"As long as it has buyers, I can make money"

..is what I'm more concerned about.

Bitcoin is the granddaddy of Cryptocurrency which I why I feel the demand will always be there (for as long as is relevant to me at least). Others are much more efficient and functional but Bitcoin has the 'prestige' and name recognition.

Comment

It never went that low according to my sources. When I think of $5k I think of $5k and not $5000-$5999

Bitcoin is the granddaddy of Cryptocurrency which I why I feel the demand will always be there (for as long as is relevant to me at least). Others are much more efficient and functional but Bitcoin has the 'prestige' and name recognition.
            It hit approx 5800.

When talking about investment pricing people always talk about range..

In real investing, when people debate a stock and say a stock is going to either 5 or 20, that shyt hits 5.99, that’s a win.

When someone says I’m going to buy GE if it hits 13, they mean I’m going to buy it at 13 and whatever change, not exactly at 13.00

But I realize in this thread we aren’t talking to sophisticated investors, so that’s why when it hit sub 6000, I was the first to say we weren’t clear on terms, and will wait for a clean 5000k. It’s worth e-points for ffs

Banks will make money in bear and bull markets, the investor will not.

So you are incorrect when saying you will make money when banks make money.. they get it coming and going plus all the fees n interest. You will only make money if you can find someone to buy your coin at a higher price than yourself paid for it
            Last edited by Sugar Adam Ali; 02-17-2018, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              It hit approx 5800.

When talking about investment pricing people always talk about range..

In real investing, when people debate a stock and say a stock is going to either 5 or 20, that shyt hits 5.99, that’s a win.

When someone says I’m going to buy GE if it hits 13, they mean I’m going to buy it at 13 and whatever change, not exactly at 13.00

But I realize in this thread we aren’t talking to sophisticated investors, so that’s why when it hit sub 6000, I was the first to say we weren’t clear on terms, and will wait for a clean 5000k. It’s worth e-points for ffs

Banks will make money in bear and bull markets, the investor will not.

So you are incorrect when saying you will make money when banks make money.. they get it coming and going plus all the fees n interest. You will only make money if you can find someone to buy your coin at a higher price than yourself paid for it
              So no source for $5k like I thought.

In 'real' investing (lol @ your faux superiority complex) people talk price targets. $5k is a price target (but of course $5k could also refer to range which is why I sought specification). I always talk in price targets (like my 2 correct price target predictions on this thread). If I'm talking price range I will specify and put $5k range or $6k range.

If one is putting in a buy/sell order (stocks or crypto regardless) it is done at a price target and not a "price range" but of course as a "real" investor you would know that already

So it looks like the bet is still on between yourself and effpandas as you clarified the bet as being price target of $5k vs $20k. I think it could go either way. I hope the loser pays their epoints (I'm a noob on this site so know nothing of epoints) no matter who wins.

I'm honestly not sure who would be the favourite to win the bet at this stage.

As a fan of betting, trading and investing the result is of interest to me, regardless of the low stakes.

Comment

So no source for $5k like I thought.

In 'real' investing (lol @ your faux superiority complex) people talk price targets. $5k is a price target (but of course $5k could also refer to range which is why I sought specification). I always talk in price targets (like my 2 correct price target predictions on this thread). If I'm talking price range I will specify and put $5k range or $6k range.
                LMFAO. Thats why this cat is on my ignore list. Who wants to talk to or even read sh^t by a weirdo like that? Dude used to be reasonable & chill, but BTC makes him lose his mind for some reason.

But for me I thought 5k & 20k WERE specific terms not "ranges". I'm not sure why one would be talking ranges when talking about a bet. To me any bet should have specific terms not ranges in the first place. 5k is 5k, 5,999 would be 5,999 as I see it.

But obviously I'm not THAT sophisticated so probably my fault & this isn't some low level angleshoot by a person who might wanna try to have an argument he won this bet now or in the future or is worried that the bet trajectory is moving the wrong way for him.

So it looks like the bet is still on between yourself and effpandas as you clarified the bet as being price target of $5k vs $20k. I think it could go either way. I hope the loser pays their epoints (I'm a noob on this site so know nothing of epoints) no matter who wins.

I'm honestly not sure who would be the favourite to win the bet at this stage.
                I consider the bet on. Idk if he does.

I'd never welch on a bet for epoints or money or anything else. I'm sure I've forgotten about a bet or two for days or a week here before cuz it was some w/e fight or an old bet, but I've paid off every wager here (had to go digging for a guy I bet on something here in 2015 last month that he just won or bout to win when Joshua vs Parker happens in fact) & never had anyone welch or angleshoot on me either thus far.

Since this is an all in bet it'd be hard to forget this one. And not paying is just p#ssy. I got no problem taking L's. I take my W's just like I take my L's. Unemotionally with no touchdown dances or crying w/e the outcome.
                Last edited by Eff Pandas; 02-18-2018, 01:33 AM.

Comment

• Clearly there's money to be made but just as many, at least recently must also lose money.

But you can say the same about betting on horse racing.

My question is still how can crypto ever be a currency when the two main criteria of a viable currency are stability and ease of use.

Bitcoin can move 20%+ in a few hours and transactions can take days.

It's simply a speculative asset that people buy as a way to make money.

It isn't and never will be a currency and since that's the premise behind why it's valuable I can't see how it's a sound investment.

A high risk get rich quick scheme sure or a bit of fun gambling but I'll keep my big pharma shares I think.

Comment

Just out of curioisoty did u predict it would lose 70% of its value on a couple of weeks when it hit 20k ?

Comment

• all you fools is talk.

lol making no money off of crypto currency lmfao.

Comment

Working...
                      X