No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Antonio Lozada Drops, Stops Felix Verdejo in Tenth Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strategic1 View Post
    Need to see the footage... He was ahead but disputed stoppage..on his feet..

Still....he was facing a guy he supposedly should beat easily.
    The doc def jumped in unexpectedly, but it was a coin toss if verdejo could make it to the bell. he was pretty hurt and on survival mode.

Comment

Props to lozado!! In boxing nothing should be taking for granted!!! This is what happens when@ one time u have momentum then u start slacking and partying!!
      Kind of remind me of what happen to Fransico Bojado!!! Saul rodriguez is next if he dont get his **** together!!

Comment

[QUOTE=nycsmooth;18581341]Mexicans don't understand when they come into someone's backyard ...yeah and maybe with a little clenbuterol on the side too

Comment

man will there ever be another cotto or trinidad? fr fr

Comment

I only had him up a point going into the final rd before the KD and there were a couple rounds that could have gone either way. This wasn't a fight where Verdejo was dominating and got stopped late, he won the first 3 rounds then got beaten up for most of the rest of the fight. He looks done as a legit prospect

Comment

Sad to see that, Once a Promising Career just Fizzle Out like that

Takes more than Talent ALONE to be Great!

Comment

this are last seconds. before this he was dropped and hurt badly

Comment

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
                  The doc def jumped in unexpectedly, but it was a coin toss if verdejo could make it to the bell. he was pretty hurt and on survival mode.
                  Tx for the info

Comment

Originally posted by PETUFF View Post
                    That was too much for Verdejo to handle i think TOP RANK did it on purpose......................the guy have a record of 38 with 32 ko very dangerous fight to comeback
                    I was thinking about throwing some money on that fight due to the layoff + that sexy KO record til I noticed 20+ of his 38 wins were over guys with a losing record & his best W was over a low level journeyman (who actually beat him in their first fight).

Definitely not a setup fight. This was TR matchmaking at its finest, but TR matchmaking can only do so much. And with how softly they tend to match guys that means its all on Verdejo who is skilled (unlike the retro history trying to be written), but his head & focus are question marks.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      Sad to see that, Once a Promising Career just Fizzle Out like that

Takes more than Talent ALONE to be Great!
                      Is Josh Kelly really as good as the hype man? He looks kind of slow and basic. Good fundamentals, but he looks like Mikey Garcia with less power, basically. I've seen people talk about him like he's the next P4P king... what am I missing? I see a guy who is probably the 3rd best at 140 behind 1. Prograis and 2. Mikey, let alone the best in the sport. But, I've never watched a full fight of his. Sure took a lot of left hooks before that cab driver he was fighting went down, though. Mikey or Prograis lands one single shot like that and the guy goes down, imo. Big difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X