No announcement yet.

Drug dealer sets up shop right across the street from police station

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    Essentially what they're saying is they're using marijuana as a reason to stop people, mainly minorities in New York City, from simply walking down the street minding their own business, illegally search them, arrest them, only to drop the charges in court.
    I assume you're referring to "stop and frisk" in NYC. That is not what its about and nobody is looking for a nickel bag from random guys on the street
    Basically what they're saying is thousands and thousands of citizens in urban New York are getting profiled for "looking like they have marijuana on them". Once they're illegally searched, if other "things" are found on them, then that ups the ante. Sometimes, there's countless reports of people being illegally searched and having marijuana planted on their persons.
    No, you're the one saying that. If someone has something illegal in them and the cops find it, thats a bad thing?
    But then you have states like Colorado and Washington State where people walk around freely smoking weed. Oregon even had a smoke festival where the Mayor attended and joined in.
    State laws differ. Thats why you can get married in NY but not in most state. Also why you freely get guns in some states and cant in NY
    What the documentary was getting at is you have hundreds of thousands of people in a social economic status getting away with on a daily basis, the same thing that hundreds and thousands of minorities are getting locked up for.
    Then move to colorado if you want to smoke so bad
    It also touches on how the Feds want to get involved, but they're making too much money.
    Weed is still Federally illegal everywhere, you can still get in trouble in Colorado

Comment

Russian, have you watched the entire documentary and not just 5:00, worth?

Everything that I posted is straight off the documentary. I'm not making anything up.

And to answer your question, if you illegally profile and stop people, but only find 2 illegal substances out of 10, that's a problem. Whether you find something or not, you just can't go around in poverty stricken neighborhoods stopping people walking down the street.

The documentary was saying how you go up the block and around the corner to the more lavish neighborhoods and this "stop and frisk" stuff doesn't exist.

Come on bruh

Comment

Point being, it seems that the government is using the same thing it's making money off of (i.e. marijuana) in Colorado, Seattle, etc as a tool to arrest tens of thousands of minorities for in NYC.

Comment

Russian, have you watched the entire documentary and not just 5:00, worth?

Everything that I posted is straight off the documentary. I'm not making anything up.

And to answer your question, if you illegally profile and stop people, but only find 2 illegal substances out of 10, that's a problem. Whether you find something or not, you just can't go around in poverty stricken neighborhoods stopping people walking down the street.

The documentary was saying how you go up the block and around the corner to the more lavish neighborhoods and this "stop and frisk" stuff doesn't exist.

Come on bruh
          Are you suggesting that "stop and frisk" would be effective in low crime neighbourhoods?

Comment

Here's the entire documentary for those interested

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              Are you suggesting that "stop and frisk" would be effective in low crime neighbourhoods?
              when it's effecting a large percentage of innocent minorities that's not to mention the profiling being done I think the law has to be re-evaluated.

http://torontostandard.com/foreign-d...-new-york-city

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                Are you suggesting that they don't smoke weed illegally and do all sorts of other hardcore drugs in low crime neighborhoods?

See, that's the problem with guys like yourself. You don't even realize that the only difference in poverty stricken neighborhoods and Beverly Hills is one section gets "caught" more than the other.

Or do you think that the kids of the millionaire's in places like Beverly Hills or high income neighborhoods in NYC aren't strung out on drugs and walking around with illegal substances on them either?

Great, now I know who I'm talking too on here.
                Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 08-10-2013, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Point being, it seems that the government is using the same thing it's making money off of (i.e. marijuana) in Colorado, Seattle, etc as a tool to arrest tens of thousands of minorities for in NYC.
                  "Government" is making money of guns in Texas, while arresting people in NYC. I got a speeding ticket on a NY highway do 60, while texas has an 85 MPH limit on one of their HWs. There's a division between state and federal government.
                  Last edited by Russian Crushin; 08-10-2013, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Are you suggesting that they don't smoke weed illegally and do all sorts of other hardcore drugs in low crime neighborhoods?

See, that's the problem with guys like yourself. You don't even realize that the only difference in poverty stricken neighborhoods and Beverly Hills is one section gets "caught" more than the other.

Or do you think that the kids of the millionaire's in places like Beverly Hills or high income neighborhoods in NYC aren't strung out on drugs and walking around with illegal substances on them either?

Great, now I know who I'm talking too on here.
                    No, there's more crime in high crime neighborhoods then in low crime neighborhoods. I grew up in the south bronx, with poverty come crime

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      "Government" is making money of guns in Texas, while arresting people in NYC. I got a speeding ticket on a NY highway, while texas has an 85 MPH limit on one of their HWs. There's a division between state and federal government.
                      So you're comparing a speeding ticket with ruining someone's life.

If you have a marijuana charge in NYC, you're probably going to lose your job, go to jail, won't get any grants/loans for school, have a record, won't be able to get a future job, etc... Not to mention all the court costs, traveling back and forth to court etc...

Lol @ comparing a speeding ticket to marijuana charge.
                      Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 08-10-2013, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X