Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Amir Khan have two of his four losses revised?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Amir Khan have two of his four losses revised?

His loss against Lamont Peterson in 2011. Khan lost a split decision and Peterson was caught taking PEDs shortly after. He then admitted to taking steroids and was stripped of the WBA title he won off Khan and the belt was given back to Khan.

Took a huge risk and fought Canelo at middleweight. Was winning rounds and it was a very competitive fight until Canelo took his soul with one of the best devastating punches of all time.

The loss against Peterson should be taken off and changed to a NC as that's what has been done to every single other situation in the past. I think most would agree that it would be fair to take this loss off Khan.

As for the Canelo loss, i think this one is more debatable because chances are Canelo would probably have caught Khan with a punch that would of rocked khan in some way. Still though, to find out Canelo is officially a PED user, it adds some form of doubt?

What do you guys think?

Not familiar with first situation but it should be a NC.

The Canelo loss was a loss anyway. Khan as great of a job as he did boxing, he was outclassed, er out weighted by Canelo...

Comment

I thought Canelo was cutting the distance against Amir as Amir tired, it wasn't a fluke shot.

But I was always amazed the Peterson one (which I thought Amir was unlucky not to win anyway, even with suspect point deductions in Peterson's home town) wasn't changed to an NC.

Comment

No......................

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          No......................
          Agreed..........

Comment

You should be mad at Bayless for not letting Khan continue in the Garcia fight. Bayless fuccs everything up.

Comment

Originally posted by English Lion View Post
              His loss against Lamont Peterson in 2011. Khan lost a split decision and Peterson was caught taking PEDs shortly after. He then admitted to taking steroids and was stripped of the WBA title he won off Khan and the belt was given back to Khan.

Took a huge risk and fought Canelo at middleweight. Was winning rounds and it was a very competitive fight until Canelo took his soul with one of the best devastating punches of all time.

The loss against Peterson should be taken off and changed to a NC as that's what has been done to every single other situation in the past. I think most would agree that it would be fair to take this loss off Khan.

As for the Canelo loss, i think this one is more debatable because chances are Canelo would probably have caught Khan with a punch that would of rocked khan in some way. Still though, to find out Canelo is officially a PED user, it adds some form of doubt?

What do you guys think?
              Great post, it's true that the loses should both be reversed. In fact the WBA did reverse the loss against Peterson and they returned the belt to Khan, called the fight a NC. But the corrupt IBF didn't do the same, they not only allowed Peterson to keep the belt, but allowed him to hold onto it from between Dec 2011 to Feb 2013 - while he was an inactive fighter after the Khan fight (possibly Peterson needed a long period of recovery after Khan, despite being on PEDs during the fight).

So, because the IBF let Peterson keep the belt, Boxrec shows that fight as a L to Khan but in reality it's more complicated since WBA says fight was an NC. Boxrec will need to modify the way they represent such decisions because it's not an accurate representation of the facts. It should say something like NC/L (to show the final verdict of each governing body.)

Comment

canelo obviously could never beat khan without his meat that is full of roids

Comment

We'll hear from Amir soon... Watch out since Amir likes publicity.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                    I thought Canelo was cutting the distance against Amir as Amir tired, it wasn't a fluke shot.

But I was always amazed the Peterson one (which I thought Amir was unlucky not to win anyway, even with suspect point deductions in Peterson's home town) wasn't changed to an NC.
                    This.

How Khan even didn't get the decision in the fight i s amazing. No way Peterson won more than four rounds in that fight, so even with the point deductions which were sketchy, he should have won..

After the steroid thing came out, it absolutely should have been changed to a NC.

Comment

Working...
                    X