Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Californian here. What's it like to have money?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Californian here. What's it like to have money?

Californian here, six figure plus salary, 401k, benefits, soon-to-be eligible for pension, living in poverty in the bay area.

Other states-ians, what's it like to have money? What's dat dere disposable income like?

What's it like to be able to go out on a date every weekend?

What's it like to own a home with a front, and back yard?

What's it like to be in an area with a good education system and safe neighborhoods, in case I want to wed a sloot and spawn humans?

What's it like to do fun stuff on the weekend, not living check-to-check, or cheque to cheque, for you Brit cats?

I wanna know what it's like to be ballin outta control. I wanna know what it's like have yayper for days. I wanna know what it's like to have, what's it called...savings?

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    Californian here, six figure plus salary, 401k, benefits, soon-to-be eligible for pension, living in poverty in the bay area.
    Been there done that. Got out of Mexifornia in 2011 and never looked back.

Other states-ians, what's it like to have money? What's dat dere disposable income like?
    Better than having money is being in a position to spend without worrying about it. And that's a great feeling. It was awesome being able to actually buy a house once I got out of there.

What's it like to be able to go out on a date every weekend?
    This part's overrated. Nice to be able to tip without worrying about percentages, but generally an overrated feeling.

What's it like to own a home with a front, and back yard?
    Awesome. Want to see what my lawn looked like? I'm known as a Landscape TBE.

What's it like to be in an area with a good education system and safe neighborhoods, in case I want to wed a sloot and spawn humans?
    I since moved to a different state than where my house was. Back there while it was a low "crime" area, you still had stupid crap like people firebombing their own houses to defraud insurance. Nothing like the Bay Area though. In my current area the worst you might hear about is a bunch of stoners getting pulled over.

What's it like to do fun stuff on the weekend, not living check-to-check, or cheque to cheque, for you Brit cats?
    A better question is how it feels not to have your check taken from you in state taxes that you realize are just wasted on illegal immigrants. That part is what feels good.

I wanna know what it's like to be ballin outta control. I wanna know what it's like have yayper for days. I wanna know what it's like to have, what's it called...savings?
    When I ended up with more disposable money I actually spent less of it. The largest purchase I've made in the last year was my Surface Pro 4.

But there's been plenty of times I ended up with more money than I thought I should have - and it's a nice feeling to be sure.

The downside of the experience is that you realize just how stupid women are, where all they care about is Mexifornia's beaches. They don't want to live somewhere that snows two months of the year even if it means they'd make more money.

Comment

Its very good. I'm curious, why don't you just leave that god forsaken state?

Comment

Thinking about moving to Utah myself...

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
          Thinking about moving to Utah myself...
          Bruh....you and me both.

And don't you live in Sacramento? One of the more affordable areas in Cali lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Balkan View Post
            Its very good. I'm curious, why don't you just leave that god forsaken state?
            I've been asking myself the same question for six months now.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
              Been there done that. Got out of Mexifornia in 2011 and never looked back.

Better than having money is being in a position to spend without worrying about it. And that's a great feeling. It was awesome being able to actually buy a house once I got out of there.

This part's overrated. Nice to be able to tip without worrying about percentages, but generally an overrated feeling.

Awesome. Want to see what my lawn looked like? I'm known as a Landscape TBE.

I since moved to a different state than where my house was. Back there while it was a low "crime" area, you still had stupid crap like people firebombing their own houses to defraud insurance. Nothing like the Bay Area though. In my current area the worst you might hear about is a bunch of stoners getting pulled over.

A better question is how it feels not to have your check taken from you in state taxes that you realize are just wasted on illegal immigrants. That part is what feels good.

When I ended up with more disposable money I actually spent less of it. The largest purchase I've made in the last year was my Surface Pro 4.

But there's been plenty of times I ended up with more money than I thought I should have - and it's a nice feeling to be sure.

The downside of the experience is that you realize just how stupid women are, where all they care about is Mexifornia's beaches. They don't want to live somewhere that snows two months of the year even if it means they'd make more money.
              Excellent points, all of them. Great stuff.

Where did you end up moving to if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Bruh....you and me both.

And don't you live in Sacramento? One of the more affordable areas in Cali lol...
                I live in Sac.

You Bay Area/Silicon Valley cats can keep that housing cost bullshit.

I have a couple of friends who take stupid long commutes though because the pay is better out there.

Comment

Are you trapped there by your work?

The state already does everything it can to financially rape you the moment you try to start a business or make any surplus income. I can't imagine piling the cost of living of the Bay Area on top of that. It's only semi-bad once you move inland.
                  Last edited by ////; 01-31-2017, 03:15 AM.

Comment

The only thing keeping me here is my paycheck and big a$$ house. I've been in Cali since 2005. It's starting to feel like it's time to go

Comment

Working...
                    X