No announcement yet.

My top 10 greatest fighters in the history of boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
    Oscar was definitely an excellent fighter. No question. He had skills and tenacity. Having watched a few of his fights in his peak years, he did tend to not adapt his style too much. His style was excellent, but he tended to fight very upright, always looking to work with his dominant left hand. Like the style had been drilled into him since he was a kid.
    I can see why he'd be one of your's or anyone's fave fighters.
    I think he beat some great fighters at the end of their careers, timing was a big factor in his wins over Whitaker and Chavez.
    His losses to Trinidad and Mosley, although disputed, mean he isn't up for ATG status for me, but I totally agree he was a serious fighter and one of the best p4p of the 90's.
    Respect

Comment

From reading about guys like Tunney and Ezzard Charles, Willie Pep etc, I think it's reasonable to put them in an ATG list though.
      Plenty of boxing journalists/ historians have done that, without seeing them fight, except from some grainy old footage.
      But you never saw them live?
      How can you rank?????

Comment

Sorry but that list is terrible. Ever heard of Ray Leonard? Duran? Yet you have De la Hoya?? Apart from your top three, it’s basically a best of the 90’s/00’s list.
        Lennox lewis’s career kicks Vitali’s, plus he stopped him in his last fight, yet you have Vitali above Lewis.
        Tyson over rated, stopped by Douglas and Holyfield. Just an awful list sorry.
        Tyson was not overrated. He was the baddest man on earth

Comment

Working...
        X