Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What boxers have reached the hall of fame with no wins over other hall of famers??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
    Ricardo Lopez maybe?
    interesting....let me check..added!!!!!!!!

Comment

John C. Heenan

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post

This list could be long. I don't think Orlando Canizales beat any either. He got in because of number of defenses.

i'm pretty sure Brian Mitchell didn't either. Tony Lopez was his biggest name and he's not on there.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
          you are going to have a lot of names on that list...also the pure stats don't really tell you much. for example kostya tszyu beat an over the hill chavez so hes not on the list. norris beat an over the hill leonard etc...unfortunately to accurately rank fighters you are going to have to use a bit of brain power to determine which fighters were actually good and which were just shells with a name. some guys who don't have a hall of famer are probably better than some who do. i know its crazy!

Comment

I always thought Hall of Fame was based mainly on how famous a fighter is and not on their resume. Therefore, people like Gatti and Hamed, would naturally be in.

Comment

I think you can count Johnny Tapia in too.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                you are going to have a lot of names on that list...also the pure stats don't really tell you much. for example kostya tszyu beat an over the hill chavez so hes not on the list. norris beat an over the hill leonard etc...unfortunately to accurately rank fighters you are going to have to use a bit of brain power to determine which fighters were actually good and which were just shells with a name. some guys who don't have a hall of famer are probably better than some who do. i know its crazy!
                Brain power?

F that.

I like speed...

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                  I always thought Hall of Fame was based mainly on how famous a fighter is and not on their resume. Therefore, people like Gatti and Hamed, would naturally be in.
                  Yeah, this what I always say. The title itself indicates fame and nothing else. Sure. Most guys on the list had great careers and were very talented, but some guys didn't have the greatest talent but gave the fans everything in the ring or were flashy and charismatic, etc. This is why Broner will get in.

Comment

Orlando Canizales
                    Pipino Cuevas
                    Carlos Zarate

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                      Yeah, this what I always say. The title itself indicates fame and nothing else. Sure. Most guys on the list had great careers and were very talented, but some guys didn't have the greatest talent but gave the fans everything in the ring or were flashy and charismatic, etc. This is why Broner will get in.
                      I agree totally. The title says it all.

Comment

Working...
                      X