No announcement yet.

Top 5 defensive hw's of all time!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brassangel
    Ali was only stopped in the Holmes fight, but that wasn't because of his defense; the man could roll with punches and had an incredible chin. He had a level of physical fitness that gave him a remarkable recovery rate. Even Fight Night 3 for the 360 gives him the highest chin among heavyweights in the game.

Jack Johnson
    Joe Louis
    Gene Tunney
    Mike Tyson
    James Corbett
    James Toney
    Lennox Lewis
    Ezzard Charles

In no particular order. Their defensive styles were different from one another, and varied based upon certain points of their careers. As technical boxers, Louis and Johnson had excellent defensive skills, while Mike Tyson was such a fireball that he was darn near impossible to hit. Different styles include different defenses. Great thread!
    there's somethings in that game that i can't take seriously though

Ali having 82 power, now way was he up there with Liston, and Frazier in power---Frazier is the strongest 97

Marciano wasn't in the game

they gave many players in the game better speed then ali which is where i though ali would be in the 90's

least they got Jake Lamatta's stats right

Comment

i voted for louis, but i will have to say toney. i know your thinking somethings wrong with me but hear me out. Toney's whole offense depends on his defense. He rolls his shoulder to move from your punches then he counters. if he didnt have the shoulder roll he wouldnt have his offense.

Comment

You are correct. Forgot about the Flynn loss by Dempsey, and just relied on bad memory for Tyson. Sorry.

Comment

The Fight Night series has some of the worst ratings EVER. Jake LaMotta has 100 power and a less than perfect chin score. That's all you need to know about how accurate that game is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Achilles
            The Fight Night series has some of the worst ratings EVER. Jake LaMotta has 100 power and a less than perfect chin score. That's all you need to know about how accurate that game is.
            Fight night round 3 has Jake Lamatta's power at like 85 and his chin in the 80's and 90's which i agree with because he had a hella punch and his chin was like steel

Comment

i cant believe in round 2 they had byrd the same handspeed as ali.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMarcianofan00
                Fight night round 3 has Jake Lamatta's power at like 85 and his chin in the 80's and 90's which i agree with because he had a hella punch and his chin was like steel
                Out of curiosity, are you italian?

Comment

When Tyson perfected Cus Damato's style his defence was the best i've ever seen. Rooney and Tyson were always working on the peek a boo style and it worked for his first 35 fights. How many times did he really get nailed? I mean realy nailed? I can only think of Bonecrusher Smith who rocked him in the end of the fight. And maybe Tucker.

Comment

Jake Lamotta was never a powerful hitter. He threw a lot of punchers but only managed 30ko's in well over 100 fights. He had a head made out of concrete though!

Comment

He was a hard puncher but not a knockout puncher. I would give him a power rating of 80 or so. His chin was 100. Any lower than 100 is an insult.

Comment

Working...
                      X