No announcement yet.

No European team will win the World Cup in South Africa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
    you do realise in the last world cup...italy won it?? hence a european team..
    That World Cup was in Europe though.

Learn to read mutha****a!

Comment

Originally posted by -El Terrible- View Post
      More like THE greatest player of all time....
      Even if Messi wins the world cup he aint close to being the GOAT...

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHookFrazier View Post
        Even if Messi wins the world cup he aint close to being the GOAT...

Who is the GOAT in your eyes?

Pele? Diego M? Zidane?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Kid View Post
          They are good teams but i expect Brazil and Argentina to beat them to it.
          I'm not sure about that.

Maradona's ability as a manager is very suspect. I wouldn't be sure that a lot of the players have much confidence in him. They barely qualified and played some very poor football along the way. Maradona left Zanetti and Cambiasso out of the squad for the finals, 2 of their most experienced and reliable players. They don't have Riquelme either, the brains of the team at the last world cup.

I haven't seen Brazil play that much, so I can't really say how good their chances are. They seem to have gone with a more ow key kind of squad, leaving out Ronaldinho for example.

Spain can play good fluid football and look solid all around. If Torres is fully recovered, then they will have a great chance.

I wouldn't be confident about England's chances. They don't move the ball fast enough, and don't look like a very fluid team. Of course, you don't need to be the most skilled team to win, as Inter showed in the champions league.
          England seem to choke on the big occasion. Would anyone seriously be confident of there chances if it goes to penalties? I know I wouldn't.

It seems like very time the world cup comes around that someone makes a predicition of an African team winning or seriously contending. I don't see it, unless they pay off the officials like South Korea probably did in 2002.

I'm going to write off Germany, Holland, Italy, and France right now.

In conclusion, my money would be on Spain. I feel there's only a couple of teams who are really capable of winning it.

Comment

I think if England go behind first they'll struggle to win.

They let their heads down far too easily.

Comment

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
              you do realise in the last world cup...italy won it?? hence a european team..
              That's not what he said though. He said:

It should be noted that European teams have only won the World Cup when they have taken place in Europe.

Italy won the World Cup in 2006, yes, but the event was held in Germany.

Comment

my bet is a spanish or portuguese speaking country wins it cant wait for the first game!

Comment

Originally posted by pennywise View Post
                  my bet is a spanish or portuguese speaking country wins it cant wait for the first game!
                  Looking forward to the USA V England game and Ivory Coast V Portugal. I think that Drogba could stun Portugal.

Comment

Working...
                  X