Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew: You May Laugh, But I'd Beat Ward - Never Faced My Skills

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King GGG View Post
    Couldn't agree with what you said anymore, I'm just glad GGG doesn't have such huge controversy in his career I couldn't just ignore someone stopping someone via headbutts like he did to Kessler and then the two blatant robberies against Kovalev.
    We can be boxing fans and we can be fanboys, I think you need to be a boxing fan more than anything and to not allowed yourself be blinded by your love for a fighter which a lot of Floyd and Ward fans do.

Barrera could have easily took that fight on Pts against Ward, the narrative that Ward won that one easily was laughable!
    Watch what Bivol did to Barrera that is the difference!
    Ward got beaten black and blue by Barrera, yet when Barrera fought Bivol Barrera could barely touch the damn guy at all and Bivol finished it with a big statement something Ward never could do because he wasn't good enough to do it.
    Yep agree on a lot of those points, especially about being a fan of boxing more than a particular fighter. I love GGG but if I feel someone legitimately beats him I will give that guy credit. No sense in lying to myself. Would still be a fan of GGG, just sometimes you get beat, it's life, it happens.

Just not sure how anyone can watch that Barrera fight, or Bika, (or most of his fights against top level guys) and act like Ward was dominant. There is a way to school a guy over 12 rounds and be dominant without the KO, but it's really hard to do. Lara and Loma are two guys who can do that now.

And when a guy is out-throwing you by 200 punches (Bika and Barrera fights), or 100 (Froch) you are usually not schooling anyone, and you are very likely losing, or at best you are in a close fight. Only fight I can recall where I scored it close with a guy getting outworked by 200+ punches was Hurd/Lara.

I personally rate Floyd as a boxer a couple levels above Ward. Floyd imo was great in his younger days. Then as he moved up, he slowed down and his power waned, and he started taking the highest reward/lowest risk fights he could, and catching guys at the right time.

But I still could watch fights of his against top level guys and say 'OK, that was a clear Floyd round' whereas I honest to God have never been able to say that in a Ward fight where he was fighting a B level guy or above, save for maybe a couple rounds in the Froch fight (and possibly Kessler, but that one was controversial as well as we mentioned).

I think a lot of the Ward hype from 'fans' is because they don't like GGG so they back Ward 100% as the boogeyman against him, regardless of what the facts may be.

Comment

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
      Please explain the five rds that Froch won vs Ward. Ward won that fight clearly
      I'd have to watch it again, but it was a 7-5 type fight imo. Maybe I'll watch it in a minute, I do need some sleep.

And not that judges' scorecards are always reliable, but two judges had it 7-5 (Canada judge and USA). And with Andre being the home fighter, I don't think they would have scored it that way unless it was accurate.

Froch also out-threw Andre by 110 punches. Usually I think CompuBox is pretty accurate but in Ward fights they always seem to give him more credit for avoiding/landing than he deserves. Every round against a top guy he gets hit about as much as he hits.

He does a good job of mucking up fights but he by no means schooled anyone (of note) in there.

Comment

Ward ducked Carl Froch rematch you can't deny it, Ward was scared of the rematch on territory where they wouldn't have rolled out the red carpet treatment for Ward.
        Ward beat froch with one arm. There would be no reason to even do the rematch .

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
          The only non-asterisk big fight win Ward has is over Froch. And that was a 7-5 win, with Froch basically being a great style fit for Andre. Andre is a great tough fighter, but he doesn't really have smooth boxing skills at the top level (like Floyd). But he could still more or less outbox Froch and as long as he could take/avoid some big shots he would win. He did 'duck' Froch though by turning down a very lucrative fight in the UK because he likely knew he wouldn't get a close decision to go his way there.

Ward also didn't want Bute in the super 6 tourney, but vowed to face him after if he won. Never happened, because the fight would have been in Canada. Would have been a lot of money for Ward but he didn't want to risk losing on the cards outside his hometown.

If you have any doubt that Ward's career has been very carefully scripted, ask yourself how Ward (who was rated about 10th at SMW at the time of the tourney) was able to have every fight in that tourney in Oakland (except for Froch, still on US soil in New Jersey)? Especially how was Ward able to face Kessler in Oakland when Kessler was the number 1 ranked guy at SMW?

Also come on -
          Kov1 he was clearly outboxed.
          Kov2 was closer but was still down probably 5-2, amidst the low blow controversy that ended it. If that fight was in a neutral site Ward is at least penalized and possibly DQd for the low blows (at least 2 early and 2 in that 8th round).
          Kessler he probably would've been DQd or penalized if that fight was anywhere else other than Oakland.

I think Andre is a very smart, tough fighter. He's great at getting dirty (in a good way). But if he was from another country no one would even know who he is. He would have a few straight losses on the cards, and a few more DQs.

There are a lot of legit great black US boxers, especially over time, but Ward is not really one of them honestly. He looks great against C level fighters. And basically fought to a standstill against B level guys over 12 rounds, and would come out with 11-1 scorecards. Only A level guy he really faced in their prime was Kov and Kov clearly outboxed him and won about 2/3rds of the rounds they fought.

I don't know if most people who are Ward fans have actually seen a lot of his fights. Honestly, actually watch some of his fights against Bika/Barrera/Froch. I studied a lot of his fights when he and Kov were about to go at it and I wanted to see who was really better. Just never seen it from Andre, and I really wonder if most people backing him have actually seen his fights. No way someone can say he schooled Barrera or Bika, for example, he was in a dog fight in both of those fights.

nah, that's bull****

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
            Yep agree on a lot of those points, especially about being a fan of boxing more than a particular fighter. I love GGG but if I feel someone legitimately beats him I will give that guy credit. No sense in lying to myself. Would still be a fan of GGG, just sometimes you get beat, it's life, it happens.

Just not sure how anyone can watch that Barrera fight, or Bika, (or most of his fights against top level guys) and act like Ward was dominant. There is a way to school a guy over 12 rounds and be dominant without the KO, but it's really hard to do. Lara and Loma are two guys who can do that now.

And when a guy is out-throwing you by 200 punches (Bika and Barrera fights), or 100 (Froch) you are usually not schooling anyone, and you are very likely losing, or at best you are in a close fight. Only fight I can recall where I scored it close with a guy getting outworked by 200+ punches was Hurd/Lara.

I personally rate Floyd as a boxer a couple levels above Ward. Floyd imo was great in his younger days. Then as he moved up, he slowed down and his power waned, and he started taking the highest reward/lowest risk fights he could, and catching guys at the right time.

But I still could watch fights of his against top level guys and say 'OK, that was a clear Floyd round' whereas I honest to God have never been able to say that in a Ward fight where he was fighting a B level guy or above, save for maybe a couple rounds in the Froch fight (and possibly Kessler, but that one was controversial as well as we mentioned).

I think a lot of the Ward hype from 'fans' is because they don't like GGG so they back Ward 100% as the boogeyman against him, regardless of what the facts may be.

you wouldn't know a good fighter if he punched you in the face

why is it that the only people stupid enough to criticize Andre Ward's legacy, just so happen to be golov-idiots ? lol

Comment

the only reason why golov-muppets criticize Andre Ward, is because they 100% know that lil'G ducked him like a b1tch lol

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                what is this fascination Bellew has with Andre Ward ?

even if he did win that fight..... Ward is not a draw, and Bellew will not look good

why would he want that fight ?

wouldn't Fury pay much more than Ward ?

not against that fight at all, I just don't see whats in it for Bellew ?

It’s a scalp of the highest ransom, which would give Bellew’s stock a meteoric rise and take him to places he’s never dreamed.

Andre may not be a big draw, but everyone in boxing knows he’s the best, so to beat him would be a life changer for anyone !

Comment

Couldn't agree with what you said anymore, I'm just glad GGG doesn't have such huge controversy in his career I couldn't just ignore someone stopping someone via headbutts like he did to Kessler and then the two blatant robberies against Kovalev.
                  We can be boxing fans and we can be fanboys, I think you need to be a boxing fan more than anything and to not allowed yourself be blinded by your love for a fighter which a lot of Floyd and Ward fans do.

Barrera could have easily took that fight on Pts against Ward, the narrative that Ward won that one easily was laughable!
                  Watch what Bivol did to Barrera that is the difference!
                  Ward got beaten black and blue by Barrera, yet when Barrera fought Bivol Barrera could barely touch the damn guy at all and Bivol finished it with a big statement something Ward never could do because he wasn't good enough to do it.
                  Sounds like a bad Cinco De Mayo hangover. Maybe some brain damage .

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
                    Sounds like a bad Cinco De Mayo hangover. Maybe some brain damage .

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRaRobinson View Post
                      [/SIZE]

It’s a scalp of the highest ransom, which would give Bellew’s stock a meteoric rise and take him to places he’s never dreamed.

Andre may not be a big draw, but everyone in boxing knows he’s the best, so to beat him would be a life changer for anyone !
                      he's not even better skill wise than Anthony Joshua, he never was the true P4P 1 fighter because Roman Gonzalez was around at his peak then.
                      Delusional Americans thinking outrageous thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                      X