No announcement yet.

Why is Arum still protecting Valdez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Arum still protecting Valdez?

He moved to 126 as soon as Lomachenko moved to 130.
    ^^^I was just informed he didn't move up when Loma moved up. He was in the same weight class but fought for the vacant title instead of fighting Loma for the title. That's even worse

Now Stevenson wants the title shot against Valdez & he's talking about moving up to 130. Valdez level is Scott Quigg. Feed him to Stevenson and let the young boy shine.
    Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 07-22-2019, 04:22 PM.

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    He moved to 126 as soon as Lomachenko moved to 130. Now Stevenson wants the title shot against Valdez & he's talking about moving up to 130. Valdez level is Scott Quigg. Feed him to Stevenson and let the young boy shine.
    Shakur Stevenson seems to be far more personable than Terence Crawford, but he's still got the same problem; he's an African American fighter in the 2010s that Bob Arum is still trying to push like he did Black fighters in the 1980s.

Bob Arum understands how to push Latino fighters (or, more accurately, has a formula for pushing Latin fighters that seems to still work).

Maybe Stevenson can make that Ray Leonard template work, but who knows

Comment

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Stevenson beating on a 118 pounder has a bunch of dorks gassed up, lmao.

We know Valdez is willing to walk through fire from the Quigg fight.

We don’t even know if Stevenson has a chin since he’s never fought anyone that could punch even a tiny bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Mercury View Post
          $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
          Is Valdez really generating money like that tho?

Comment

He moved to 126 as soon as Lomachenko moved to 130. Now Stevenson wants the title shot against Valdez & he's talking about moving up to 130. Valdez level is Scott Quigg. Feed him to Stevenson and let the young boy shine.
            whats up with the misinformation and lies? Oscar Valdez never moved to 126 when loma moved to 130 🤣. Oscar Valdez has been at 126 his entire career. At least tell the truth. He didn’t have a single fight at super bantamweight smh.

Comment

I was a big fan of Valdez, but his career has become boring

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                whats up with the misinformation and lies? Oscar Valdez never moved to 126 when loma moved to 130 🤣. Oscar Valdez has been at 126 his entire career. At least tell the truth. He didn’t have a single fight at super bantamweight smh.
                My bad let me correct that. He didn't fight Loma while they were at the same weight. He got the WBO after Loma moved up instead of fighting Loma for the title. That actually makes it worse. I thought he was a weight class below. But nope. Same weight class.

Comment

My bad let me correct that. He didn't fight Loma while they were at the same weight. He got the WBO after Loma moved up instead of fighting Loma for the title. That actually makes it worse. I thought he was a weight class below. But nope. Same weight class.
                  arum said at the time he was keeping Valdez ramirez and Verdejo away from Loma for a long time because they weren’t close to ready for him.

That being said Shakur doesn’t need Valdez. Top rank has plenty of other featherweights with frampton warrington Magdaleno marriaga Conlan etc to keep Shakur busy for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                    arum said at the time he was keeping Valdez ramirez and Verdejo away from Loma for a long time because they weren’t close to ready for him.

That being said Shakur doesn’t need Valdez. Top rank has plenty of other featherweights with frampton warrington Magdaleno marriaga Conlan etc to keep Shakur busy for a long time.
                    Valdez is the champ at Top Rank. Shakur is ready for a shot at the title. If Valdez moves up and Shakur gets a shot at the vacant title that's BS. Put him over by letting him beat the champ

Comment

Working...
                    X