Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes top American fighters superior to top UK fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
    Many brothas have native American blood, like Hispanics. UK brothers don't dat. FACTS.

Aren't you the little weasel elie seckbach? You certainly don't have any "warrior blood" in you. You're the laughing stock of the boxing industry. A little squirm who is pitied, mocked and bullied in every gym you hang around in

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      He named Wilder that had to rob a UK fighter after getting outboxed.
      I'm talking about UK BROTHERS you idiot.
      Last edited by AJ's Boy; 07-14-2019, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
        That's some bad exemple....

If you want to talk about US dominance, pick Bud, Floyd, Ward....

That being said, England are like 55 millions people, so they are doing pretty well in boxing from a talent stand point.
        There's more dominant US fighters then I can name, I can't name them all so I picked a few, quit your b1ching.

Bruno lost to Tyson
        Brook lost to Spence
        Joshua would have most likely lost to Wilder.

That's why I picked those examples.

Comment

Originally posted by moochi View Post
          Lol you selected 3 boxers to sample.

What about Lennox?
          Lennox was Canadian and had a North American Coach.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
            That's some bad exemple....

If you want to talk about US dominance, pick Bud, Floyd, Ward....

That being said, England are like 55 millions people, so they are doing pretty well in boxing from a talent stand point.
            This (though the population currently stands at about 66 milllion - you must have learnt Geography at about the same time I did ). And since the TS is (for reasons best known to himself) specifically talking about fighters of African descent the actual proportions are even further out of wack... apx 1.9 million Blacks in the UK compared to apx 38 milllion in the US. That's a 20:1 ratio.

On the other hand per Capita there's about twice as many pro boxers in the UK as the US (about 1 per 60,000 compared to 1 per 130,000 in the US if I recall right) though I ain't ever seen any info on how that breaks down demographically.

Either way there's many, many times more African Americans than British fighters of African descent in the sport - I ain't saying this in any kind of nationalistic way, but the UK does appear to punch above it's weight in the sport, if you'll forgive the pun.
            Last edited by Citizen Koba; 07-14-2019, 07:14 AM.

Comment

There's a few points:

1) The U.K. did much to discourage professional Boxing as a career.

2) Immigration to the United States ensured a continual supply of man-power and continuation of developments in training.

3) Smaller population, less comparative poverty.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                He named Wilder that had to rob a UK fighter after getting outboxed.
                Nobody is proud of their boxing if it amounts to them being dropped hard in the 12th.

Comment

Originally posted by The Problem View Post
                  Chins.........What the fk is up with Uk fighters? Do they have weaker neck muscles or jaws or something? All of them are immensely gifted skill wise, but can't a take a punch for some reason
                  It's the style of fighting they employ. It works better for White fighters. Blacks tend to have more fast twitch muscle fibers and weaker chins & less heart. Whites are usually a little less explosive, though more lythe, and much more resilient. Do deer and horses have the same survival strategy as leopards and lions?

Trainers in the United States, as Whites moved on to more profitable professions, adapted their training to better suit the Black fighters who were left in their gyms. Look at how Steward taught a chinny guy like Tommy Hearns to fight tall, behind his jab. If Hearns were born in the U.K. he might not have even been as successful as Frank Bruno. Conversely, can you imagine a Black guy fighting like Sal Sanchez or Gennady Golovkin!?!? Even against a smaller fighter? Impossible. You gotta be a special kind of tough to stand your mud like that.

Really, it's not just the training, the whole game has changed. 100 years ago Boxing was a fist fight. It looked a lot more like MMA. Today it's pillow fighting. You're more likely to get seriously hurt playing Tennis.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
                    Nobody is proud of their boxing if it amounts to them being dropped hard in the 12th.
                    I doubt you have Boxed, then. Not anything meaninful, anyway.

And if you think Boxing is tough, try MMA.

Training TKD at the local McDojo where you can buy your belts and knockdown 8 year olds might make you feel confident. But faced against a true knockout artist, that would dissipate like your e-cig's acai-bery-twisted-cherry flavor vape out of the window of your tricked out Civic.

Comment

American boxers are overrated bums who never leave their country. Bum in Chief, Wilder, has fought 42 bums in 43 fights. The rest are just pedestrian and they need to fight in Stoke City on a rainy winter night for me to rate them. Fighting at home and enjoying home advantage doesn’t cut it.

Franklin, another US prospect is a big useless bum that has been gifted two decisions by corrupt US judges. Dubois will beat him with one-eye closed and one hand at the back. And Gorman will spark him out in 1 rd. But they’re about to build the bum up against 42 bums like the bum, Wilder.

American boxers are trash.

Comment

Working...
                      X