Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis stated Fury would not see the final bell. Would break him down by 10th.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
    Lennox would crush all these current guys and he always KO'd tall HW's. Fury, Wilder and Joshua would get obliterated by prime Lennox
    Tough call against Wilder imo.

Lewis had a hell of a time against Klit b/c of the height.
    Manny Steward even said that .

I think Wilder KO's LL.

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post

I think Wilder KO's LL.
      No bloody chance in hell. Old, overweight Lennox still ate Vitali's best shots and gashed his face up. Wilder has been out jabbed by the likes of Fury, Ortiz, Washington and Duhaupas for extended periods of fights and he'd be in with the greatest HW jabber of all time. Only question would be whether Wilder would get beaten up behind that jab for a while before being stopped or if he gets immediately bombed out like Michael Grant.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Hard to argue. Fury is pillow fisted and would wilt under the precision jab of Lewis. That herkey jerky movement isn't going to give Lewis the same problems it did a basic boxer like Wilder. I'm not a big Lewis fan and I don't like it when retired fighters talk about how they'd beat current guys, but I respect that he's a legend, and clearly on another level than Fury.
        Hahahaha! What precision jab!?!? Against shorter fighters he worked a sweet 1-2. That's about the closest we get to a precision jab. Side-show Act Tua, the ghost of Tyson and former Cruiserwight Holyfield might've been kept when Lewis wanted them. His struggle therein might add some dramatic flavor. But those were all guys who stood where he needed him to be.

Fury might not make him look lost like Wilder, or tredding through quicksand, like Wlad, but being competitive is not the same as a winning.

You really expect the dude who struggled w/ Mercer to beat Tyson fooking Fury!?!? He can't be Mercer. Stumbles past Holyfield. gets saved by the ref vs. Vitali. And feasts on bums. But don't worry, magically, he has the answer to the best defensive fighter the division has ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post

I think Wilder KO's LL.
          Wilder is one of those rare guys who can end a fight with a single shot at any point. I'd pick Lennox to win, but...Wilder is capable of upsetting the plan.

I'm not sure Lewis would get up like Fury did.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
            No bloody chance in hell. Old, overweight Lennox still ate Vitali's best shots and gashed his face up. Wilder has been out jabbed by the likes of Fury, Ortiz, Washington and Duhaupas for extended periods of fights and he'd be in with the greatest HW jabber of all time. Only question would be whether Wilder would get beaten up behind that jab for a while before being stopped or if he gets immediately bombed out like Michael Grant.

Vitali was far from his best. But even at his best, he was an attrition finisher. He didn't sleep guys, like Wilder does. He battered them down. And it's not like Lewis was really at a disadvantage in that fight. The extra weight meant he suffered the punches better. When he was lighter he was more lethal offensively, but he was also more easily sparked.

I do think the younger version of Lewis is the better pick against Wilder. He has a good chance of ambushing Wilder. Not unlike when Julian Jackson lost: McCallum and McClellan weren't bigger punchers, but they drew first.
            We don't know what kinda chin Wilder has. Ruiz might KO Wilder quicker than he did Joshua. Fury might be developing his offense and put a career-ending beating on Wilder. Lewis definitely had the punch to put men down. So it's not unfeasible that the younger Lewis, while himself very susceptible to getting blown out, KOs Wilder, simply by getting to him first.

The older version of Lewis, while all-around a better fighter, is gonna get smoked.

Outside of Fury, I give Vitali and Ali the best chance at beating Wilder. Wlad, Foreman, Holmes, Louis Liston and Frazier can't be ruled out, but they can't be strong favorites, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
              Wilder is one of those rare guys who can end a fight with a single shot at any point. I'd pick Lennox to win, but...Wilder is capable of upsetting the plan.

LOL, of course he wouldn't. He checked out while still on his feet. Forget about picking himself off the mat to come back and win a fight.

Being big and explosive is great, but Boxing, for as much as they have tried to finagle it, is still about combat. This isn't the days of Mickey Walker, Harry Greb and Jack Dempsey, but it's still more of a sport than the NBA... or some rubbish like that. Wilder hits a whole lot harder than Mercer and Holyfield did. He's bigger, too.

Comment

i think the only 1 who can wipe wilder easily is vitali, bet he can eat wilder's right hand and then battering him
                wilder vs the rest is 50-50, even lewis
                lewis is superior boxer but wilder always has puncher chance

Comment

I don't think Fury wants that rematch for good reason. Wilder would be more likely to improve from the first fight. He eventually found a way to land his power on Fury, and now he knows. Fury doesn't want to experience that again.
                  1) If anything, Fury has more to improve upon. His new coach has done him wonders. He has shown amazing propensity for learning when working w/ his uncle, whose focus was slickness. But they hit their ceiling. Davison can help him to add new dimensions to his game. I am not saying he'll become the next Joe Louis, but there's far more room for development from Fury than there is from Wilder. I am not sure how that's even a question: Fury is one of the best technicians ever, Wilder is one of the worst.

2) Wilder hit Fury because Fury took his foot off the gas. He got too comfortable. That's what happened FOR Wilder. Wilder didn't make it happen. This wasn't even Fury at his best, and he still clowned Wilder.

3) Wilder's soul died when Fury rose from the mat. You saw it one his face. To his credit, he tried to get a still fuzzy Fury out of there. But it didn't work. And he resigned from the fight.

4) Fury, once collected, proceeded to turn the tables on Wilder. Further proof, that Fury is probably much better offensively then he let on in that fight, as he was hoping to play it safe.

Wilder tried and failed against an imperfect fury. It was his fight to lose... and he lost. There's really no way for Wilder to make that his fight... which is why Fury is so comfortable delaying that rematch. He knows Wilder, given 6 months, 6 years, or 6 decades could never make the adjustments necessary to beat him. And if you think you know better, I'd love to see the evidence.

Comment

Wilder's right will eventually land.
                    LL's chin was average at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
                      1) If anything, Fury has more to improve upon. His new coach has done him wonders. He has shown amazing propensity for learning when working w/ his uncle, whose focus was slickness. But they hit their ceiling. Davison can help him to add new dimensions to his game. I am not saying he'll become the next Joe Louis, but there's far more room for development from Fury than there is from Wilder. I am not sure how that's even a question: Fury is one of the best technicians ever, Wilder is one of the worst.

2) Wilder hit Fury because Fury took his foot off the gas. He got too comfortable. That's what happened FOR Wilder. Wilder didn't make it happen. This wasn't even Fury at his best, and he still clowned Wilder.

3) Wilder's soul died when Fury rose from the mat. You saw it one his face. To his credit, he tried to get a still fuzzy Fury out of there. But it didn't work. And he resigned from the fight.

4) Fury, once collected, proceeded to turn the tables on Wilder. Further proof, that Fury is probably much better offensively then he let on in that fight, as he was hoping to play it safe.

Wilder tried and failed against an imperfect fury. It was his fight to lose... and he lost. There's really no way for Wilder to make that his fight... which is why Fury is so comfortable delaying that rematch. He knows Wilder, given 6 months, 6 years, or 6 decades could never make the adjustments necessary to beat him. And if you think you know better, I'd love to see the evidence.
                      I agree Fury should have won the fight. The cards were wrong.

But that was his finest hour. He's never been consistent. That's how he got knocked down.

Wilder will take the initiative in the rematch...which Fury knows.

Comment

Working...
                      X