No announcement yet.

The official EURO 2016 thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
    That was one of the easiest PK's to call.

Poland deserved to lose after the negative style of play in the 2nd half.
    Really? Did you watch Poland last shoot out.. they were great.. not bad today either that was a good save..

Portugal have won 2/3 recent shoot outs before today.. but they were vs England so don't count

Comment

• Dat pen doe from Renato Sanchez.

The boy is a stud no doubt about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        As predicted.

They do this every single tournament.
        Got to admire them in KO football really.. always seem to punch above there weight.. If the tournament wasn't stupid top 3 they would be out already though..

No way they beat Italy or Germany

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
          Got to admire them in KO football really.. always seem to punch above there weight.. If the tournament wasn't stupid top 3 they would be out already though..

Or Belgium.

Comment

Both are not ideal.. i think Harry was a better choice though.. and we wouldn't be losing to Iceland lol..

We need to get hoddle or go foriegn imo.. Hoddle would probably go 352 allowing Stones to play from the back and have the likes of Walker bomb on as a wing back (he can't defend lets be honest)..
            Joey Barton was talking to some fans the other day, apparently while at QPR Hoddle was 'out of the game for so long' and is 'so far behind' in terms of today's football.

He talks some absolute **** during the analysis as well.

Comment

It's what they do.

Had it been top 2 go through, they would have no doubt scraped through on goal difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                Or Belgium.
                You like Belgium? Remind me of "golden generation" England.. Could imagine Portugal keeping them out and winning on pens or last min goal

Portugal have not won a game in normal time lol.. and only won one game to get to the semis..

Why can't England do that?

Comment

• The boy Zielinski done well singlehandedly taking Poland to the quarter finals but now it's time for him to come home, a national hero and the man Klopp has identified as his next Gundogan, his next dominant central midfielder who's gonna lead us right back to the very top again.

Come home Sir Piotr, you tried but you couldn't do it all on your own. Poland has a new national hero and we have a new central midfield diamond. Poland loves you, now it's time for the red half of Merseyside to do the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    Joey Barton was talking to some fans the other day, apparently while at QPR Hoddle was 'out of the game for so long' and is 'so far behind' in terms of today's football.

He talks some absolute **** during the analysis as well.
                    Football is Football man.. not like he was managing way back in the 1800s.. Joey Barton likes to talk **** about everybody. Don't disagree with the pundit part though..

I would prefer someone foreign who has a bit about them tactically..

LVG actually was not great at United.. but if he could manage England make them hard to beat and play on the break.. i would take him lol.. and i hated him at United!!

Comment

Football is Football man.. not like he was managing way back in the 1800s.. Joey Barton likes to talk **** about everybody. Don't disagree with the pundit part though..

I would prefer someone foreign who has a bit about them tactically..

LVG actually was not great at United.. but if he could manage England make them hard to beat and play on the break.. i would take him lol.. and i hated him at United!!
                      It is, but there are a number of managers who are clearly out-dated.

He said everything from training methods to his views on how to play were dinosaur stuff...I think he'd be a disaster personally.

I think it has to be a foreign coach, England need to win tactically based on the talent pool being lacking.

Comment

Working...
                      X