Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nelo will be the CLEAR A side against ggg,how much abuse will team ggg take at the...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nelo will be the CLEAR A side against ggg,how much abuse will team ggg take at the...

...the negotiation table???

team canelo will dictate the weight,the venue,ring size and virtually everything else that can be negotiated,triple G will also only take a small portion of the pot(80/20 most likely), keep in mind cotto made 15 million and canelo only made 5 mil tonight.

canelo will be the clear A side in this fight,and team GGG will ahve to oblige to whatever standards they set,they really have no choice if thye want that fight

the question is,how much abuse are they willing to take???

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
    ...the negotiation table???

team canelo will dictate the weight,the venue,ring size and virtually everything else that can be negotiated,triple G will also only take a small portion of the pot(80/20 most likely), keep in mind cotto made 15 million and canelo only made 5 mil tonight.

canelo will be the clear A side in this fight,and team GGG will ahve to oblige to whatever standards they set,they really have no choice if thye want that fight

the question is,how much abuse are they willing to take???
    im sure they would take some abuse, but probably not a ton. They can always force Canelo to vacate, spend the next year doing mandos at 1.5 million each, and in 12-18 months when Canelo finally gets to 160 it will be GGG in the drivers seat with all the belts.

But I would suspect that if Canelo genuinely wants the fight, something in the 60-40 range on money, and 157-158 on weight could be worked out. Right now both sides are staking out their territory, but once actual negotiations start I think a deal could be made........

Comment

They'll take some abuse but not a ton. Canelo will look really bad if he ducks the fight and vacates the belt due to GGG refusing to be drained.

I think GGG's team will cave a bit and go to 157 or so. And if canelo won't accept that then screw him he can hand over his belt or throw it in the garbage ala Riddick Bowe and see how his fans react to that.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        im sure they would take some abuse, but probably not a ton. They can always force Canelo to vacate, spend the next year doing mandos at 1.5 million each, and in 12-18 months when Canelo finally gets to 160 it will be GGG in the drivers seat with all the belts.

But I would suspect that if Canelo genuinely wants the fight, something in the 60-40 range on money, and 157-158 on weight could be worked out. Right now both sides are staking out their territory, but once actual negotiations start I think a deal could be made........
        60-40?

rofl little G would be lucky to get that much

Comment

If canelo really does want the fight, it would be at a catch weight probably in the 157-158 range which I think is reasonable. No way ggg agrees to 155. It can be any venue he wants with vegas, California and Texas being possible locations. 70-30 split isn't out of the question in favor of canelo. His name first, his ring entrance second. All the typical a side demands.

Comment

Depends how much he wants this fight. And you never know with the WBC, they just might let Cinnamon Man have a few mandatories contrary to what they said before the fight with Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
              60-40?

rofl little G would be lucky to get that much
              maybe, but he does have the leverage of being able to force Canelo to vacate, and that leverage has value. Exactly HOW MUCH value will be for Canelo and GGG to decide.

Bottom line though is that neither guy will be breaking me off a taste, so I dont really care how much they make. I just hope a deal can get done...........

Comment

GGG wants a huge fight. canelo is the one. He will drop a few pounds and of course canelo will get more money..but I don't think Golovkin cares..he's cool with making a few million.

The real question is when canelo is willing to fight golovkin. If canelo wants another fight before golovkin, an internal agreement can be made with both of the fighters signing off on fighting each other after their respective early 2016 fights. This actually would work in GGG's favor, because it guarantees him the canelo fight occurring.

Comment

80-20 split and 157/158 catchweight

Comment

50-50 would be fair. But Golovkin will negotiate, probably.

Comment

Working...
                    X