No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher on your ATG LIST? Eric Morales or Floyd Mayweather jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
    Except Floyd wasn't a past-his-prime part time promoter like DLH. He was a full time fighter that was fully capable of making weight when he fought JMM.

And I want him to fight the top fighters available at their best. Is that too hard to ask to a supposed ATG fighter?
    He was not a full time fighter and he was coming off a two year layoff, not much before that he was fighting one to two times a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
      He was not a full time fighter and he was coming off a two year layoff, not much before that he was fighting one to two times a year.
      Point is, was he fully capable of making weight? A weight he chose FFS. Absolutely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neutral View Post
        Oh really? Is that why it's on tape that Dawson and his trainer asked for a 170LB catchweight, which was IMMEDIATELY shot down by Ward, and said it's not even negotiable? I would post the video for you, but then I realized if you hadn't already known this then you're not much of a fan to begin with. Stick to the script.
        Haha This guy obviously doesn't know what the fcuk he's talking about.

Immediately after the fight, Dawson called Ward out at 168. The catchweight was 175. But hey, don't take my word or the boxingscene article's word for it. Maybe if you hear Chad Dawson himself say it, maybe you'll believe it then:

@ 100:45

I can already tell from talking to him. Neutral is the type of poster to hear Chad Dawson himself call Ward out at 168 but still try to dispute it lol Now that's what you call a dumbass; but of course you already knew that, right?

Comment

Point is, was he fully capable of making weight? A weight he chose FFS. Absolutely.
          I don't know really, I think he might have made a minor attempt but decided not to, every time they asked him about the catch weight he would always reply "The fight is at WW".

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            Haha This guy obviously doesn't know what the fcuk he's talking about.

Immediately after the fight, Dawson called Ward out at 168. The catchweight was 175. But hey, don't take my word or the boxingscene article's word for it. Maybe if you hear Chad Dawson himself say it, maybe you'll believe it then:
            175 is not a catch weight dummy. It's a weight class, called "Light heavyweight"

And duh, we all heard Dawson call out Ward after the Hopkins fight. Did you even bother to think that maybe, JUST MAYBE he requested the CW of 170 shortly after? Because that's exactly what happened, you'd know this if you actually bothered to follow the sport. All of your name calling does nothing when you're the ignorant one that doesn't have all the facts. Dawson's camp asked for 170 and it was immediately shot down by Ward's camp. Not even a negotiation.

Listen with your ears my son.

Oh and since you love Boxingscene articles so much, here's one for you.

http://www.boxingscene.com/dawson-wa...oakland--56093

There's about 20 or more I could post to confirm this, but I'm sure you get the point. Now please apologize for being ignorant.

Comment

Except Floyd wasn't a past-his-prime part time promoter like DLH. He was a full time fighter that was fully capable of making weight when he fought JMM.

And I want him to fight the top fighters available at their best. Is that too hard to ask to a supposed ATG fighter?
              Floyd fought just as much as DLH. DLH and Floyd were very inactive at that stage.

Regarding the weight, sure Floyd could've made the weight, just like DLH made the weight.

Hell Chris Byrd even made 175 before getting knocked the fcuk out.

So again, "making" the weight wasn't the issue. It's the risk of draining yourself that's the issue. If Floyd felt like he'd rather pay a penalty on weight over draining himself then more power to him. The idea is to learn from other people's mistakes.

So again, are you going to pick at Floyd for beating supposedly weight drained fighters or are you going to pick at him for not being the weight drained fighter?

Which is it?

Comment

175 is not a catch weight dummy. It's a weight class, called "Light heavyweight"

And duh, we all heard Dawson call out Ward after the Hopkins fight. Did you even bother to think that maybe, JUST MAYBE he requested the CW of 170 shortly after? Because that's exactly what happened, you'd know this if you actually bothered to follow the sport. All of your name calling does nothing when you're the ignorant one that doesn't have all the facts. Dawson's camp asked for 170 and it was immediately shot down by Ward's camp. Not even a negotiation.

Listen with your ears my son.

Oh and since you love Boxingscene articles so much, here's one for you.

http://www.boxingscene.com/dawson-wa...oakland--56093

There's about 20 or more I could post to confirm this, but I'm sure you get the point. Now please apologize for being ignorant.
                For one, Team Dawson called 175 the catchweight, not me dummy. It's called quoting someone else moron.

Secondly, I don't give a fcuk what they said after calling him out at 168. Dawson clearly said for you to hear in the video that he could make 168; which he ended up doing.

End of story. Now feel free to continue crying like a bichh cause Ward took him up on his first offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                  For one, Team Dawson called 175 the catchweight, not me dummy. It's called quoting someone else moron.

Secondly, I don't give a fcuk what they said after calling him out at 168. Dawson clearly said for you to hear in the video that he could make 168; which he ended up doing.

End of story. Now feel free to continue crying like a bichh cause Ward took him up on his first offer.
                  expose yourself harder

"175 is a catch weight!"

"Dawson NEVER asked for a catch weight of 170"

**reads the article I posted**

"UMM that's not real Dawson said he will fight at 168, nothing else happened after that!"

Comment

• Floyd does tend to throw his money away, but would he fork over $300,000 for 2 pounds? I don't think so, I think he saw that his body had grown in those two years, and respected Marquez enough, so much so that he felt he had to be at his strongest.

Comment

expose yourself harder

"175 is a catch weight!"

"Dawson NEVER asked for a catch weight of 170"

**reads the article I posted**

"UMM that's not real Dawson said he will fight at 18, nothing else happened after that!"

Dude, he said he could make 168; clearly. Who cares about 170?

Are you saying Chad Dawson didn't say on video that he would fight Ward at 168 or a catchweight of 175?

Lol Is your dumbass really fighting what the man is quoted saying on video right in front of you?

You're an annoying little alt. I've seen many of them. Give it up already.

Comment

Working...
                      X