Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is HBO making a mistake by not putting Bradley/Alexander on BAD (boxing after dark)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is HBO making a mistake by not putting Bradley/Alexander on BAD (boxing after dark)?

Won't this just cause them to overrate themselves even more and ask for more money in future fights which they don't deserve yet since they haven't really done much in the higher levels of the sport?

By rewarding them with a WCB slot, they're going to create more monsters like Mayweather and Berto and not have enough money to pay real fighters for real fights.

Lets face it, 40' is way overrated and these guys are getting a bunch of credit for something they're SUPPOSED to be doing.

Alexander's best win is a loss to Kotelnik and Bradley's best win is probably against Kendall Holt. I mean, that's pretty weak by standards from even ten years ago.

This is classic Boxing After Dark matchup. Imo, the winner here can shed the label of prospect.

they belong on Friday Night Fights

Comment

Originally posted by INSECT View Post
      Won't this just cause them to overrate themselves even more and ask for more money in future fights which they don't deserve yet since they haven't really done much in the higher levels of the sport?

By rewarding them with a WCB slot, they're going to create more monsters like Mayweather and Berto and not have enough money to pay real fighters for real fights.

Lets face it, 40' is way overrated and these guys are getting a bunch of credit for something they're SUPPOSED to be doing.

Alexander's best win is a loss to Kotelnik and Bradley's best win is probably against Kendall Holt. I mean, that's pretty weak by standards from even ten years ago.

This is classic Boxing After Dark matchup. Imo, the winner here can shed the label of prospect.

its one of the best fights in the most stacked division right now i dont think so.

Comment

I wouldn't go that far.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
          its one of the best fights in the most stacked division right now i dont think so.
          The division is ok. I wouldn't call it stacked. There's 4 fighters.

Comment

It's a well deserved WCB fight.

The fight could be for the lineal JWW title. That's a big fight. And neither one are prospects. Bradley certainly isn't.

Plus, I'm pretty sure HBO didn't put up a lot.

I think I read somewhere that HBO put up 2.5 million. That's not a huge budget for a WCB, so I think it's appropriate.

Comment

I think it deserves the WCB tag. You have two of the brightest young Americans going head to head. These guys might not be stars but it's going to do some very good ratings. It's on the perfect weekend where no other sports are taking place and will be marketed as one man will move on and carry the torch for American boxing. I don't think it's a stretch to think that this will be HBO most watched fight in 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by INSECT View Post
                The division is ok. I wouldn't call it stacked. There's 4 fighters.
                theres also ortiz and judah and kotelnyk on the outside its a great division.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                  I think it deserves the WCB tag. You have two of the brightest young Americans going head to head. These guys might not be stars but it's going to do some very good ratings. It's on the perfect weekend where no other sports are taking place and will be marketed as one man will move on and carry the torch for American boxing. I don't think it's a stretch to think that this will be HBO most watched fight in 2011.
                  That's a serious stretch. It's a big, awesome fight to us, but most of the general public hasn't heard of either one of these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                    It's a well deserved WCB fight.

The fight could be for the lineal JWW title. That's a big fight. And neither one are prospects. Bradley certainly isn't.

Plus, I'm pretty sure HBO didn't put up a lot.

I think I read somewhere that HBO put up 2.5 million. That's not a huge budget for a WCB, so I think it's appropriate.
                    I hope they didn't put up a lot. This fight is probably gonna blow.

2.5 mill is too much for these two imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X