• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedor And Van Damme At M-1 Selection 2010

Van Damme in his prime kills Fedor

Comment

Originally posted by heat27 View Post
      Van Damme in his prime kills Fedor
      Van Damme in his prime got KO'd by this dude in a NYC bar. True story, Chuck Vito was a bad dude, **** might still be a bad dude.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
        Van Damme in his prime got KO'd by this dude in a NYC bar. True story, Chuck Vito was a bad dude, **** might still be a bad dude.

Van Damme apparently got up after it and wanted to fight. There are different accounts of what actually happened. I'm sure Zito was no joke though.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post

true Chuck Zito one bad dude but van damme still kicks Fedor ass

Comment

Originally posted by paul750 View Post
            Van Damme apparently got up after it and wanted to fight. There are different accounts of what actually happened. I'm sure Zito was no joke though.
            Yeh Didnt Zito sucker punch Van Damme ?...and then when Van Damme wanted the streightner outside Zito bottled it !...just what i thought i heard !
            zito was on howard stern talking about the incident... apparently they got into it, chuck hit him first and it sounded like while he wasnt looking... then it was broken up quickly.... chuck admitted JCVD could take a punch cause he went down, but got right back up
            Last edited by CiganoBoxer; 04-22-2010, 10:22 AM.

Comment

somebody know if the van damme fight against a thai boxer take place ? when yes when?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrpedigree View Post
                Yeh Didnt Zito sucker punch Van Damme ?...and then when Van Damme wanted the streightner outside Zito bottled it !...just what i thought i heard !
                zito was on howard stern talking about the incident... apparently they got into it, chuck hit him first and it sounded like while he wasnt looking... then it was broken up quickly.... chuck admitted JCVD could take a punch cause he went down, but got right back up
                That seems to be what happened. People sometimes make fun of these 'fighting actors', but I'd say Van Damme is a genuine fighter. He did have some legit kickboxing bouts prior to his acting career I think.

Comment

Originally posted by paul750 View Post
                  That seems to be what happened. People sometimes make fun of these 'fighting actors', but I'd say Van Damme is a genuine fighter. He did have some legit kickboxing bouts prior to his acting career I think.
                  From wiki:

Fight career

At the age of 12, Van Damme joined the Centre National De Karate (National Center of Karate) under the guidance of Claude Goetz in France. Van Damme trained for four years and he earned a spot in the Belgian Karate Team.[3]

Jean-Claude made his debut in 1976, at the age of 16.[13] Competing under his birth name of Jean Claude Van Varenberg, Jean-Claude was staggered by a round-house kick thrown by Toon Van Oostrum in Brussels, Belgium.[14] Van Damme was badly stunned, but came back to knockout Van Oostrum moments later.

In 1977, at the WAKO Open International in Belgium, Jean-Claude lost a decision to fellow team mate Patrick Teugels.[15] The experience left an impact on Claude Goetz and he felt that Jean-Claude needed more training before competing again.

After six months of intense training and sparring, Master Goetz decided to unleash his prized pupil on the European Full-Contact scene. Jean-Claude won his first tournament by scoring three knockout victories in one evening. However, in a 1978 match for the Belgium lightweight title, he again lost a decision to Patrick Teugels.[16][15] Once again, the loss left an impact on Claude Goetz and a few months later at Iseghem, Belgium, Van Damme came back and knocked out Emile Leibman in the first round. In 1979, Jean-Claude and the Belgium Team became European Team Champions.[17]
                  Jean-Claude Van Damme(left) knocks out Sherman Bergman with an ax-kick in 1979.

Next, Jean-Claude faced Sherman Bergman, a kick-boxer from Florida (USA) with a long string of knockout victories.[18] For the only time in his career, Jean-Claude was knocked to the canvas after absorbing a powerful left hook.[14] However, Jean-Claude climbed off the canvas and with a perfectly timed ax-kick, knocked Bergman out cold in 59 seconds of the first round. Van Damme ended 1979 with a stoppage of Gilberto (Gil) Diaz in one round[19].

In 1980, Jean-Claude Van Damme defeated former Great Britain karate champion Michael J. Heming. Next, Van Damme scored a knockout over France's Georges Verlugels in two rounds. After these victories, Jean-Claude caught the attention of the European martial arts community. Professional Karate Magazine publisher and editor Mike Anders, and multiple European champion Geet Lemmens tabbed Jean-Claude Van Damme as an upcoming prospect. However, Jean-Claude's ambitions now focused in the direction of movie acting.

Van Damme ended his fight career at the Forest Nationals in Brussels. He knocked Patrick Teugels down and scored a first round technical knockout victory. Teugels suffered a nose injury and was unable to continue.

Following the victory, Van Damme retired from martial arts competition. His final fight record was 18–1, with all wins being knockouts and the loss being a decisions after two rounds

Comment

Working...
                  X