No announcement yet.

What's With Kronk Fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billolden View Post
    That is my point exactly. He is already good at staying behind his jab and firing hard straight shots so Manny could help him learn to move his feet and head better. If his defense and movement were revamped he would be a much better, more complete boxer. You act like if Kelly got with Manny he would do the same **** he does now except he would drop the left and use it as a measuring stick. Manny could get the guy to bend his knees and move his head, and he can already fire those straight shots with ferocity so how is it not a good combo. I hate that Kelly has a crackpot trainer, and I think the best man for the job is Steward. If not him who, ****ing Dirt McGirt?
    McGirt would be even worse.
    Should be a trainer who could improves Pavlik's weaknesses but should train the same style.
    Stuart would **** his defense up even worse.
    Pavlik's jab ain't fast enough for the Kronk, too. He just lacks athletism.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerwas1 View Post
      McGirt would be even worse.
      Should be a trainer who could improves Pavlik's weaknesses but should train the same style.
      Stuart would **** his defense up even worse.
      Pavlik's jab ain't fast enough for the Kronk, too. He just lacks athletism.
      Yeah what you have to say makes sense, I just disagree, meant no disrespect

Comment

Originally posted by Bhopreign View Post
        The horrid yellow shorts, the absence of Emmanuel Steward whenever these fighters lose leads me to believe he knows something. They all have a similar style, from Kermit to Jonathan Banks, from Andy Lee to whoever else is brewing in the stable.

From Klitschko they all like to fight at a slow pace and as long as they can keep you at a distance they will pick you apart, as soon as you dont let them fight at their pace they hardly have an answer. They also almost never hold when they get hurt.
        Has anybody ever noticed how Kronk fighters are rarely caught on the ropes?

................Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post

Has anybody ever noticed how Kronk fighters are rarely caught on the ropes?

................Rockin'
          Holy necropost, Batman...

I suspect it's because they like to work behind the jab at range, and fighters using that style tend to be harder to catch on the ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post

Holy necropost, Batman...

I suspect it's because they like to work behind the jab at range, and fighters using that style tend to be harder to catch on the ropes.
            For Gothoms sake, have you ever seen the ropes in the original Kronk gym and noticed how little the ring apron was, Robin?

Just something that I found while I was looking for reports of an old friend..............Rockin'
            Last edited by Rockin'; 11-02-2023, 11:23 PM.

Comment

I remember reading Wlad's interview about Manny's passing and he kept repeating that Steward was a genius and knew many "little things". It was a long read and he didn't name even one of them as a result.

His best heavyweights were Lewis and Klitschko and they were tall and rangy and pretty good on their own already. And he displayed unloyalty when he switched from McCall to Lewis, the very guy he halped to viciously knock out.

Helping train Hamed was hilarious, too. I remember seeing footage of Steward watching in disbelief how Hamed was jumping in during sparring right before he got slapped around by Barrera.

And notice how little he left after himself in terms of boxing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by MusoMeanderings View Post
                I remember reading Wlad's interview about Manny's passing and he kept repeating that Steward was a genius and knew many "little things". It was a long read and he didn't name even one of them as a result.

His best heavyweights were Lewis and Klitschko and they were tall and rangy and pretty good on their own already. And he displayed unloyalty when he switched from McCall to Lewis, the very guy he halped to viciously knock out.

Helping train Hamed was hilarious, too. I remember seeing footage of Steward watching in disbelief how Hamed was jumping in during sparring right before he got slapped around by Barrera.

And notice how little he left after himself in terms of boxing knowledge.
                Isn't it meant to be banks he was teaching his tidbits to?

I think there's also the emotion. These very monotone trainers and corners could say the same **** as Manny and not have the same effect. Manny slapped the piss out of Lennox because Lennox hadn't KO'd Tyson yet and Manny was pissed Lennox was letting a dangerous guy stay in there longer than he has to. Even if Manny taught Banks everything, made him a ****ing binder and videos and ****, Banks just ain't going to slap the **** out of his fighter to wake them up. He ain't even going to scream. He's just going to mumble softly.

So, yes, co-sign the knowledge thing, but also adding the emotions. Emanuel gave a ****.

Comment

"They also almost never hold when they get hurt."

thats a weird take. yeah Hearns didnt hold, but wladimir, he never held either in his early career just like vitli didnt and that was part of the problem, then stewart got ahold of him and all he did was 10 years of holding after that

Comment

Working...
                  X