No announcement yet.

Is Timothy Bradley a Hall of Famer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    I think he should get in, but I recgonize that he's not a sure-fire 1st ballot HOFer.

He'll probably get in eventually.
    ditto . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      If you want to keep people out of the hall of fame for ducking a contender, then I think that's an argument you can make. But bear in mind that requires keeping close to the entire current generation out.
      Who said keep him out for ducking? TS said Bradley cleaned out 140. He didn't, he ducked Khan. Bradleys resume isn't all that great, lots of B, C level fighters and a gift against Pacquiao and a win over a shot JMM. He gets overrated by Pacquiao fans and gets a pass for not fighting many other WW's because he's with Top Rank. Can you even class him in the same division as other WW's? He's in the Top Rank WW Division.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        In this thread the Mayweather fanboys will angrily oppose the motion.
        How so? Is it because it would put Pacquiao's win over Bradley to a higher pedestal?

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          How so? Is it because it would put Pacquiao's win over Bradley to a higher pedestal?
          Yes, in that defeat Bradley committed an unforgivable act.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            There isn't really, he rejected Khan to fight Pacquiao. Pacquiao is more dangerous and rewarding than Khan, Khan is dangerous and rewarding. At that point, There isn't much for Bradley to fight for 140 unless he wants peanuts. DSG, and Khan, Mathysse were just beginning to climb at the World level, but at that point Bradley is already finished in fighting those kind of fighters and wants to fight to the pound for pound level (Marquez, Pacquiao.)
            He reject the fight to fight casamayor, after accusing Khan of running out there... so no that is an excuse. People still accuse Khan of ducking Alexander (Which he did) when he had the IBF belt, around the time he was in the "sweepstakes" to fight Mayweather or whatnot. People cant have it both ways for different fighters... he ducked Khan plain and simple. Yes he went on to fight Pac but he himself admit he had to duck Khan to secure a Pacman fight. I wish boxing fans would be objective and call it the way they see it.

Comment

Just because someone ducked a fight doesn't mean they are not a warrior or deserve to be in the HOF, but it doesn't erase the fact that they ducked someone.

Comment

There is no doubt in my mind that Bradley is a hall of famer. There is no denying his resume. Mayweather, Pacquiao, Cotto, and Marquez are the only fighters who are more accomplished in this generation. Its not about liking his style or character, its about his accomplishments in the ring.

Comment

He wouldn't get my vote if I had one.

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
                    There is no doubt in my mind that Bradley is a hall of famer. There is no denying his resume. Mayweather, Pacquiao, Cotto, and Marquez are the only fighters who are more accomplished in this generation. Its not about liking his style or character, its about his accomplishments in the ring.
                    Name the A level fighters he beat. A gift against Pacquiao and a shot JMM. The guy also struggled with many B, C level fighters. His resume isn't great.

Mayweather, Pacquiao, Cotto, JMM, Ward, Klitschko are ahead of him. Bradley is a step below along with guys like Martinez and Donaire.

Comment

Yes,

Marquez-elite win

Undefeated Alexander- solid win

Undefeated Peterson- solid win

Unheralded & dangerous Provodnikov - good win

World champion Junior Witter with home advantage - good win

First to stop Brandon Rios - decent win

Undefeated world champ Jessie Vargas - decent win

Diego Chaves (draw was bs) - decent win

Fought Pacquiao 3 times - great experience

Unified 140 champ and considered #1 at 140
                      Welterweight champ
                      Considered top 5 welterweight at one point
                      Top 10 welterweight
                      2 division champion

HOF!

Surprised no fighters are trying to get the scalp of Desert Storm, would look good on any of upcoming welters and other champs in the divisions resumes!

Comment

Working...
                      X