No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Explains Why "Whites" Are Abandoning Boxing For UFC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Left2theliver View Post
    Definitely. I'm just glad that we live in a time, where people are starting to really push and speak out against the usual bull****. Of course, with all that we get the "why does everything have to be about racism?! I don't have privilege, I was poor growing up!! Affirmative Action is 'reverse racism'!!" But that's okay, I get a laugh at people trying to play victim whenever people bring up systematic racism.
    Perfectly said...

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      ^^^see someone who gets it.....kmsl....its all good we are on a message board.

but in all seriousness though....why shouldnt children today in 2016 be able to wear their natural hair styles to school

this is going on in america and even south africa...our women shouldnt be required to put harsh chemicals and extreme heat in their hairto conform.

america is free right?
      You can wear your hair however you want, I like mixed raced black women with natural hair, the black woman afro can actually look good, gives a fiery vibe.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        der...because asians are among the best fighters in the world.....der....are you ******ed

they dominate in muay thai, lower weight classes in boxing, and do well in high school wrestling. Also free style

cry me a river
        Real talk...Bruce Lee would kick everybody's ass...and f^ck what u heard...you're one of the best and "realest" posters on this board!!!...call u "therealestpugilist" now...keep dropping that Truth!!!...

Comment

• If you feel that way Arum is rich enough to start boxing programs in blue collar white neighborhoods. Put your money where your mouth is or shut up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype job View Post
            You can wear your hair however you want, I like mixed raced black women with natural hair, the black woman afro can actually look good, gives a fiery vibe.
            What do you mean "can actually look good" as if it doesn't look good already???...u see they can't hide their racism even when they try...

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
              If you feel that way Arum is rich enough to start boxing programs in blue collar white neighborhoods. Put your money where your mouth is or shut up.
              The thing is this...as a promoter Arum knows what sells...and white american fighters do not sell at least not for long...they always get their ass handed to them by a non-white when they finally step up...that's why a lot of white champions are being protected and why lil' g was protected from ward when ward was at 168 and called lil' gina out...it's why Russia has to dope so they can produce white champions and why white americans cheer for them because exactly of what Arum said...bottom line...always bet on black...especially if you wanna make $$$

Comment

• Originally posted by Humean View Post
                I think Arum is mostly correct, the biggest US stars in boxing history from Louis onwards have mostly been African-American but non-hispanic white Americans always had quality guys to back from their own communities but that isn't really true anymore. It is certainly not the only factor though as the UFC has a coherence that boxing doesn't have and they are far ahead of the US boxing promoters when it comes to putting on an event.
                Arum is not mostly correct the demograph of boxing fans today is not the same as it was then ,no matter what color you are boxing fans are older now compared to the 18 to 35 categories that UFC caters to and as stated whites arent going to leave MMA just bc IF boxing had white champions NOW ,there is no evidence of that bc its about the better competitive fights UFC puts on . Boxing has GROWN in viewers in ALL ethnic backgrounds due to the over whelming expanded population ,UFC has more YOUNGER viewers since 2002 that is mostly white which has nothing to do with absence of white american boxing champions it has to do with prefered sport that has become main stream . Boxing fans are to arrogant to admit this for the most part and guys like Arum are out of the loop and ppl follow his excuses as to why many fight fans ( myself included) prefer the UFC - though im involved in combat sports and saw UFC 1 on ppv so im a fight fan period .

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleGFightFan View Post
                  What do you mean "can actually look good" as if it doesn't look good already???...u see they can't hide their racism even when they try...

Generarlly black women are unattractive but I was saying some of them can look good with that hair (especially the mixed ones, lets face it the mixed ones are the only ones that are moderately attractive).

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                    Arum is way off here It's not that white people in particular don't watch the sport, it's that YOUNGER people of all races would rather watch UFC than Boxing. Older white people still watch boxing over MMA it's just that boxing hasn't been able to appeal to younger audiences.

White people predominantly watch NBA and NFL over MLB and those are black dominated leagues, that have a higher percentage of blacks than MLB does. Why? Those are more accessible sports.

Boxing is dying out and getting run over by the UFC in every conceivable because boxing is still stuck in the past. It's not accessible enough to younger audiences, regardless of race, because they're still following a 1950's model and are failing to adapt.

I'll give you an example of accessibility. As far as online media, boxing doesn't have anything remotely close to rival UFC's youtube channel. Which is magnificent, I actually visit the channel daily. What's on the channel? Interviews, free fights, trailers, they have these little mini-24/7 type segments that let you know about a certain fighter and they post on there daily. Not to mention they have fightpass which allows fans to stream the fights online, but it also has other great features like an archive to old fights, Pride, Strikeforce, also they have corner audio for every fight. You can't find an equivalent of this for boxing. HBOSports channel has little 30 second trailers once every two months before a fight, Showtime does the same. PBC's channel is more active, and they've got the right idea, but all they post are highlights and an occasional interview. People get most of their news and information nowadays online. The UFC has recognized this and adapted and boxing has failed miserably in this regard.
                    You are 100 percent right that plus the fact that there r not many fights are not being made for example Thurman vs Garcia or Canelo vs J Rock for example

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                      Arum is not mostly correct the demograph of boxing fans today is not the same as it was then ,no matter what color you are boxing fans are older now compared to the 18 to 35 categories that UFC caters to and as stated whites arent going to leave MMA just bc IF boxing had white champions NOW ,there is no evidence of that bc its about the better competitive fights UFC puts on . Boxing has GROWN in viewers in ALL ethnic backgrounds due to the over whelming expanded population ,UFC has more YOUNGER viewers since 2002 that is mostly white which has nothing to do with absence of white american boxing champions it has to do with prefered sport that has become main stream . Boxing fans are to arrogant to admit this for the most part and guys like Arum are out of the loop and ppl follow his excuses as to why many fight fans ( myself included) prefer the UFC - though im involved in combat sports and saw UFC 1 on ppv so im a fight fan period .
                      If younger white-Americans are gravitating towards UFC more than boxing then why can't that be, in part, because of the lack of identifiable fighters in boxing for them get behind? If at present Britain had no good boxers of note then the current boxing boom in the UK would not be happening because people would have nobody to care about and the thing about the US is that the ethnic/race element is a strong component. How did the UFC become more mainstream?

Comment

Working...
                      X