Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guerrero Refuses To Make Excuses For Martinez Performance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Guerrero Refuses To Make Excuses For Martinez Performance

Robert Guerrero refuses to blame a quick turnaround for his pedestrian performance against Aron Martinez in his last fight.

Guerrero barely beat Martinez in their 10-rounder June 6. The former four-division champion won a split decision over Martinez (20-4-1, 4 KOs), who dropped Guerrero in the fourth round, in a welterweight fight that occurred just three months after Guerrero (33-3-1, 18 KOs, 2 NC) absorbed a lot of punishment during a one-sided, unanimous-decision defeat to WBA welterweight champion Keith Thurman (26-0, 22 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

No excuses to make you lost the world saw you lost just you got the nod not the first time we seen taht crap in boxing and wont be the last.

Now you might of not been "UP" for that fight coupled with all your family issues you had that week might of took you out the came okay just come and bring it fight night.

Comment

Guerrero has the style that requires activity and Guerreros demise has always been his inactivity. Had Guerrero been more active before Thurman, I think he wouldve accounted for himself better than that 1sided whoopin he got. The crazy thing is aftger a butt whoopin him and his team all of a sudden decided to become active and look what happened? Thats just bad management...

Comment

No retreat, No surrender! WAR GUERRERO!

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
          No retreat, No surrender! WAR GUERRERO!
          Good luck to you Santa, I see you are going all out with your bets. I will be rooting for Guerrero, I just lack the faith in him but I hope differently.

Comment

i thought he lost that fight, he hasnt looked good at all recently,dont know why garcia would want to face a guy like that

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
              i thought he lost that fight, he hasnt looked good at all recently,dont know why garcia would want to face a guy like that
              Garcia took the fight to do what every fighter in his level would do & that is to obtain a W in his record...Much love for Guerrero, a true warrior, no excuses...I like both guys here...just want a good oldfashion boxing bout...

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                Robert Guerrero refuses to blame a quick turnaround for his pedestrian performance against Aron Martinez in his last fight.

Guerrero barely beat Martinez in their 10-rounder June 6. The former four-division champion won a split decision over Martinez (20-4-1, 4 KOs), who dropped Guerrero in the fourth round, in a welterweight fight that occurred just three months after Guerrero (33-3-1, 18 KOs, 2 NC) absorbed a lot of punishment during a one-sided, unanimous-decision defeat to WBA welterweight champion Keith Thurman (26-0, 22 KOs).
                [Click Here To Read More]

Props to Guerrero for giving Martinez due credit.

Classy stuff from the ghost.

Regarding the fight, Guerrero seems to have forgotten how to box.

I could be completely wrong here, but if he turns back the clock a little and remembers what made him successful, then Garcia will have to watch this guy, and may even need to stop him late.

Garcia can be out-boxed.

If that happened, I can see ghost winning some early rounds, putting a lot of pressure on Danny, and that match turning into a real firefight down the stretch.

Or, Guerrero could be slipping/done, and Garcia will stop him late.

Not sure how strong swift is at welter, faded Malignaggi was not a good measuring stick.

I pick Garcia, this one seems to favor the young bull coming up, but not putting any money on that fight.

Comment

It's disappointing that guys like Martinez don't get much love.

He is not seen as a " star ", so he gets second-rate attention/credit.

Guys like him are the backbone of boxing in my book.

He does that work, and then he brings it, in spades.

Not a world-beater by any stretch, just a good honest fighter.

Wishing all the very best to Aron Martinez for 2016.

Comment

Thought Guerrero pulled it out and won enough rounds to get the W or a draw it's just he got caught bad mid way through and had to recover. But if you score it after every round don't have a problem with the decision

Comment

Working...
                    X