No announcement yet.

Dynasty Warriors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty Warriors

Anyone else a fan of this series? DW7 empires will be out in a couple weeks and DW8 also. It kinda sucks its a ps3 exclusive now and no more english dubs, but at least the gameplay is always great and keeps getting better

Used to play these a lot on the PS2, but I honestly have no desire to revisit them on current gen consoles.

They're just too ****ing repetitive after about a half an hour of gameplay : Run here, kill this large group of enemies, rinse and repeat.

Comment

Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires for PS2 was the last game of the series I played...it really gets ridiculously repetitive and the ranged characters were so ridiculously OP compared to the melee ones. Didn't know it became a PS3 exclusive, I guess that means I won't be buying another part of the series until the next gen of consoles.

Comment

Even the combat in them wasn't anything memorable : Battles consisted entirely of rapidly pressing the square button over and over again in infinitely repeated sequences.

You'd think that for a game that's based entirely around weapons combat the developers would have at least implemented some features to ensure that the combat would be engaging and rewarding for the player.

But they didn't.

Multiplayer was a blast, though. But only in very short spurts.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          Even the combat in them wasn't anything memorable : Battles consisted entirely of rapidly pressing the square button over and over again in infinitely repeated sequences.

You'd think that for a game that's based entirely around weapons combat the developers would have at least implemented some features to ensure that the combat would be engaging and rewarding for the player.

But they didn't.

Multiplayer was a blast, though. But only in very short spurts.
          Yeah the old games are really boring and get old fast, i was replaying dw6 yesterday and couldnt believe how slow the characters were.
          But they have made improvements, the newer games are like twice as fast and with great music, Warriors orochi 3 had these huge maps with like 5k enemies and you controlled 3 guys instead of one, and they were about 60 characters to choose from all with a unique weapon

But again is just mindless fun, i dont expect the quality uncharted or resident evil offer.

Comment

Are they like Ninety-Nine Nights?

Comment

Originally posted by Fury View Post
              Are they like Ninety-Nine Nights?
              pretty much, its a lot like sengoku basara also

Comment

i used to play dynasty warriors 4 a lot, then played samurai warriors but didnt enjoy it as much although it was basically the same with different stories.

then i bought warriors orochi 2, loved it now i have orochi 3 and though that it wasnt as good. still a bit of fun though.

even though these games are really repititive and simple there is something about them that is addictive

Comment

Working...
                X