Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Floyd mayweather jr always be relevant in the boxing world?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd is the master...he doesn't need to fight and everyone is talking about him..every thread is about floyd..no one talks about pacquiaos next fight..and why should we..it's not interesting..we're sick of piss drinker beating him

Comment

I hope not. He bores me

Comment

Alright we can stop posting on this thread now. Tired of all the mayweather vh1 reality special. Just wanted to see what all the unbiased boxing fans think.

Comment

He'll be remembered by fans as a defensive minded boxer with very good foot and hand speed. He fought cautiously and was cautious picking opponents also. He was an undersized welter with below average power and was more suited for the junior welter class.
          His well documented problems out of the ring unfortunetly detracted to his reputation and also added to inactivity as a fighting champion.
          His talents are unmistakeable however his short comings might over ride his
          boxing talents.

BUT his career isn't over yet and we may see a different Floyd Mayweather within the coming year! If the Pacman fight can't be signed by April then its a dead horse! If it is signed I would expect to see a "fighting Mayweather" who doesn't go to the ropes and will continue to counter but will also take the lead more often. I believe he can accomplish this new "attitude" once he stops reading "numbers"! Forget how much $$$$Money$$$$ and forget the "0" on his record. Start regarding himself as a Boxing Champion and take pride in his art! If he could transform into that individual he could defeat Pacman.
          Ray.

Comment

Yes, same as Leonard, Robinson, and Louis

By no means is he as great as them, but he stood on top of the boxing world and made it more popular than it was just one generation prior

Him and Pacquiao pretty much buried De La Hoya's reign, and now no one really acknowledges it anymore unless they're comparing fighters from that generation to Floyd and Manny... e.g. Who would win, Trinidad or Pacquiao, or Prime Mosley vs Prime Floyd, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
              He'll be remembered by fans as a defensive minded boxer with very good foot and hand speed. He fought cautiously and was cautious picking opponents also. He was an undersized welter with below average power and was more suited for the junior welter class.
              His well documented problems out of the ring unfortunetly detracted to his reputation and also added to inactivity as a fighting champion.
              His talents are unmistakeable however his short comings might over ride his
              boxing talents.

BUT his career isn't over yet and we may see a different Floyd Mayweather within the coming year! If the Pacman fight can't be signed by April then its a dead horse! If it is signed I would expect to see a "fighting Mayweather" who doesn't go to the ropes and will continue to counter but will also take the lead more often. I believe he can accomplish this new "attitude" once he stops reading "numbers"! Forget how much $$$$Money$$$$ and forget the "0" on his record. Start regarding himself as a Boxing Champion and take pride in his art! If he could transform into that individual he could defeat Pacman.
              Ray.
              Very true especially the first part

Comment

Working...
              X