Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns Decisions Michael Katsidis, Grabs WBO Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not robbery at all. The commentary (Boxnation) was obviously biased in Burns' favour, but he won a lot of rounds with better quality punching, especially lefts to Kats' body.

I ended up giving it 8-4 to Burns, though I could understand people giving Kats the fourth and maybe a share of the twelfth round on workrate. It was pretty easy to score apart from that. Most of Kats' work on the ropes didn't bother Burns - his guard was tight and true and a few left hooks got through to the jaw but he was never bothered.

I think we're gonna see a lot more twelve-rounders with Burns. He doesn't have much power but his upper body movement is good and he knows how to avoid getting banged.

Comment

• The robbery talk is nonsense.

Katsidis put up a brave effort but the pressure was largely ineffective.

Comment

• Originally posted by OG Wenger View Post
        Just got back from the fight and what a joke. I don't know how it looked on TV but Burns was throwing and missing a lot. The crowd would go wild when he would throw a punch. Even if it just hit Katsidis' guard.

I thought Katsidis might have just nicked it with his body punching. 117-111 was an absolute disgrace. Foreign fighters should know by now not to fight over here because of the terrible judging and officiating.
        Maybe watch the fight on the box again then mate as kat wasnt even close to wining

Comment

• Originally posted by medved View Post
          great more uk featherfisters for a 100% 12 round fight.

Why do uk cards never have fights that have knockouts? 99% of the fights go the distance unless its some 2-0 vs 3-73 guy in a 4rder
          epic fail nazi boy!!

Comment

• Medved, Burns landed the cleaner shots.

The decision was too wide but Burns won that fight.

Katsidis knew he had lost it at the end too.
            Don't waste your time on the Nazi boy

Comment

• Originally posted by OG Wenger View Post
              Just got back from the fight and what a joke. I don't know how it looked on TV but Burns was throwing and missing a lot. The crowd would go wild when he would throw a punch. Even if it just hit Katsidis' guard.

I thought Katsidis might have just nicked it with his body punching. 117-111 was an absolute disgrace. Foreign fighters should know by now not to fight over here because of the terrible judging and officiating.
              Try watching the fight again.. burn's jab,right uppercuts and left hooks to the body were the only clean punches.. Kat knew he lost .. you could easily tell he lost and knew it.. he rallied the last round good and maybe won about 3 other rounds altogether.. he gave the first four rounds to burns... Kats is a warrior and legend but burns completely outclassed him to my suprise.. Burns defence was amazing on the ropes as Kats body shots were not getting through... Burns left hook to the body buckled Kats legs several times...

Comment

• Clear win for Burns. 9 rounds to 3.

Comment

• Dam it, had Burns paying $3.20 to decision Kats but thought it would've been a bit un-Australian to go against him.

Interesting to see where Kats goes from here. I'd really like to see him get a new trainer and have another crack.

Comment

• Well hey, what can I say? When you're watching boxing live at the venue, right there in front of you, it feels sooooo different. The adrenaline is off the scale, everyone's screaming and shouting stuff at the top of their lungs, the view isn't as clear as on TV... I should know that by now, after seeing 3 live events.

Having watched the video, I have no problem giving it to Burns by 116-112. He did well, boxed like a champion and did the job on Kats. Good on the lad. I'll never give up on Kats, though - any time he's in town, I'll be there with my Aussie flag. Me and the bezzie felt like we were there in the ring with him last night.

WE LOVE YA, MICK!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                      Well hey, what can I say? When you're watching boxing live at the venue, right there in front of you, it feels sooooo different. The adrenaline is off the scale, everyone's screaming and shouting stuff at the top of their lungs, the view isn't as clear as on TV... I should know that by now, after seeing 3 live events.

Having watched the video, I have no problem giving it to Burns by 116-112. He did well, boxed like a champion and did the job on Kats. Good on the lad. I'll never give up on Kats, though - any time he's in town, I'll be there with my Aussie flag. Me and the bezzie felt like we were there in the ring with him last night.

WE LOVE YA, MICK!!!!!!!!!

Kats is a good fighter with die hard fans.. He's basically an Australian Ricky Hatton

Comment

Working...
                      X