No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearns Wants To Sign Mikey Garcia and Errol Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
    Spencer looks like loyal guy who would remain with Haymon all his life like Broner who turn down $40 million from RNS.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
      If a fight goes to purse bids, Eddie has a good chance to win it. Surely then the fighter has to either be stripped or fight on whatever channel the purse bidder wins?
      He sure does, and he'll have to pay exhorbitant prices for each fight.

Frank Warren will figure out what a Saunders defense can earn his company, bid over that, force Eddie to beat that figure, and still end up pocketing 75% of Hearn's money for no work.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        hmm, I totally disagree.

Of GGG, Jacobs, Andrade and Canelo - Charlo has more of a chance fighting those guys being with Hearn than he does where he is now.

All Haymon guys are not tied down to a TV network -Jacobs fights on HBO, so does the british Haymon guys quite often.

Charlo can go and fight on HBO if Haymon can get a deal that makes sense for the fight.

The odds that you get Alvarez/Golovkin/Jacobs/Andrade to fight on DAZN are slim to none.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          I think you're a bit confuse as to how Manager, Adviser and Promoter Works! A Good Break Down by Breadman Stephens who actually WORKS WITH HAYMON as J Rock Manager and Trainer...

We as fans just tend to ASSUME how things work and run with it even when it is WRONG. You're given options and a list basically and how much you can make fighting this or that guy. It is not about POWER and treating fighters like your PROPERTY. That is why he has the amount of fighters he has who seem to be very loyal despite being Promotional Free Agents
          Wrong again smh. Yeah they give you a list of guys if they want to. Or they ice you when you speak out at mistreatment like Jose Pedraza then say fight Tank Davis or stay shelved.

The reason most are promotional free agents is because their contract with Haymon stipulates he must sign off on any signing with a promoter which he will not do and does not want them to sign in most cases so that he can control them.

A manager or adviser doesn't have a "promotional company" like PBC except Haymon does so its a lot different than a manager like James Prince or Frank Espinoza. Haymon's priority is PBC. Any guy who signs with Hearn will go to DAZN and won't fight for PBC which weakens Haymon's leverage with Showtime.

For example, If Spence signed with Eddie that would be a big blow to PBC and Showtime. Sure they still have rematches with Garcia Thurman and Porter but they lose a keep piece they have at 147. You need to remember that PBC is a tv series and a promotional outfit. Not just a manager

Comment

Originally posted by Turd Best Ever View Post
            Spencer looks like loyal guy who would remain with Haymon all his life like Broner who turn down $40 million from RNS.
            yeah, but i think they getting cut checks off camera too.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
              yeah, but i think they getting cut checks off camera too.
              Thats a definitely and Broner got them too.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Let's see...

Biggest deal in boxing history... check
                Taking boxing into the digital new age and completely off PPV... check

This deal (if they do what they say they'll do) will change boxing. It'll prevent the TV companies from owning fighters, from forcing PPVs, and allow a much wider audience to watch boxing - continuously.

This is quite clearly a groundbreaking deal.

But this guy is such an idiot he can't see it. He hates Hearn too much

Absolutely.

Any venture that improves accessibility for fans, and that benefits the fighters, themselves, should be applauded.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                  You don't need one. All you need is Wi-Fi which almost every person in the world has access to. Most people have a smart phone, ipad/tablet, laptop, PlayStation, and if you don't, you can use a firestick, Apple tv, etc.etc.

I'm not sure why so many of you still have this old school 'Blockbuster' mentality. Streaming and centralisation of information is where everything is going, it's the future.
                  This ^^^^^^^.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    I don't even care what promoter it is, Bob, Oscar, Floyd, people who believe everything a promoter says are the definition of gullible. I lol @ this legion of stooges who come on here to defend everything a promoter says. I wonder if they are also hardcore about their bank, their fave brand of beer, etc.

I don't even hate his deal. Dazn is irrelevant to me so I've nothing against it. I'm just laughing because I predicted that his "change boxing forever" claim was bullshyt (and these idiots tried to argue with me) and now they want to try to sell me on this idea that it's a great deal, as if they were paid by Hearn to say it. What clowns.
                    On the flip side of being a fanboy, you get the haters who operate to an irrational level. I wouldn’t even try use that attack

Honestly mate, every Hearn thread I see, you have several negative posts already there. You are effectively the Hearn equivalent of abtfukntime with his consistent barrage of hate towards Golovkin

You’re welcome to try deflect towards me personally, but don’t try act neutral or self righteous on here man...

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                      (...) Haymon's priority is PBC. (...)
                      ... yes... it always was...

Comment

Working...
                      X