Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much credit will AJ deserve if he wins the rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much credit will AJ deserve if he wins the rematch?

Lets not forget Ruiz was a 20-1 dog. AJ was supposed to knock him out of the ring anytime he wanted to, basically. It would be hard for me to give AJ a lot of credit for needing 2 tries, to do what he was supposed to do easily the first time.

Personally I would rather see Ruiz defend the titles at least once, preferably in Mexico, against a decent HW. At least then we would know if Ruiz is the real deal or does he just have AJ's number.

Ruiz was an 11 to 1 dog.

And Joshua should get a fair amount to a great amount of credit if he wins depending how it all goes down obviously. The guy who gets KO'd in a relatively one sided fight overwhelmingly loses the rematch & usually early then they got KO'd or lost the first time. See my mfer Dogboe & Machado in recents months. So Joshua reversing the L isn't something that happens THAT much so he'll deserve some credit.

Comment

It depends how he does it but yes, he'll deserve a lot of credit for overcoming a pretty devastating loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Ruiz was an 11 to 1 dog.

And Joshua should get a fair amount to a great amount of credit if he wins depending how it all goes down obviously. The guy who gets KO'd in a relatively one sided fight overwhelmingly loses the rematch & usually early then they got KO'd or lost the first time. See my mfer Dogboe & Machado in recents months. So Joshua reversing the L isn't something that happens THAT much so he'll deserve some credit.
        Ruiz vs AJ was pretty even or maybe AJ was winning when it was stopped.

I read somewhere it was 20-1.

Comment

Non because he was supposed to beat him easily the first time which he will do in the rematch

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingraya View Post
            Ruiz vs AJ was pretty even or maybe AJ was winning when it was stopped.
            After that 10-7 7th round he wasn't going to be up on the cards.

But that's why I said "relatively" one sided cuz on the cards it was competitive, but Joshua also got dropped 4 times in less than 7 rounds which is a solid ass beating.

I read somewhere it was 20-1.
            It was longer odds early, they came down as the fight got closer, but at fight time it was 11 to 1 most places.

Comment

Ruiz is now a unified champion, a top 2 fighter. Joshua will get a lot of credit.

Comment

It depends, just listen to how many former boxers have told him not to take the rematch. Have just add RJJ to that list, and to be honest i said the same thing the day after the fight. So if he does take the rematch and turn it over then it would be massive for his career and would get him a lot of credit.

Comment

Originally posted by giant_king View Post
                  Non because he was supposed to beat him easily the first time which he will do in the rematch
                  The only people who think he beats him easy, were people who don't know much about boxing. They pay more attention to physical atributes than the actual skills and style of the individual boxers. He would get full credit if he beats Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    The only people who think he beats him easy, were people who don't know much about boxing. They pay more attention to physical atributes than the actual skills and style of the individual boxers. He would get full credit if he beats Ruiz.
                    Only people who don't know boxing? Is that why odds makers ( you know, the pros) had AJ anywhere from 20-1 to 11-1?

There's no way around the fact that AJ was supposed to blast out Ruiz. Everybody from pros to casuals believed that. The majority anyway.

How much credit did LL get for avenging his losses to Mccall and Hasim? Not a lot if I remember correctly.

Comment

Working...
                    X