Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN: Canelo-Jacobs Fight Watched By 1.2 Million Worldwide

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct, we did that as well we purchased directly from dazn.com. The numbers I reported are only partial, direct revenue from the mobile apps.

Comment

• Originally posted by andocom View Post
      You have no idea how much they have made, you seem to be assuming every person has signed up and paid via the app and none through the dazn website, unless I am mistaking where you are getting these figures, if so let us know where these figures are coming from?
      You are correct, I forgot to mention this is only partial info because I only have revenue from the apps but not from other sources like payments made directly from the dazn.com website, PS4, Xbox, Amazon, etc. The $38m lifetime-to-date is only a fraction of what they’ve made so far. Just sharing the info I have available since there are a lot of people on here saying they’re not making money.

Comment

• Too bad the fight sucked. It's time to face facts. Canelo is very good but he's boring as hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Can't you purchase DAZN without purchasing from the app store? Cuz I'm pretty positive thats exactly what I did.

Interesting info doe. I believe it to only be partial info doe.
          Correct. Mobile revenue is only a portion of their revenue source (though typically a significant piece of the pie).

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            So reading it again, if 600,000 Americans watched it at $20 a pop, that’s $12m tops....Canelo was paid what? $30-$35m with Jacobs making what? $2-$2.5m? So basically, they lost money on this fight. Mexico watched it for free......FREE. So unless Italy, japan, Austria, Canada somehow ended up producing another $25m then this is the lowest grossing fight of canelo’s career since becoming a ppv fighter. But then this is why this new number scheme of “globally” has been thrown in.....I’ve never seen anyone try to use that before.
            Make no mistake, dazn is bleeding money. They moved into the ppv at cinemas market, my guess is they will go ppv for Canelo in the future.
            Wait you think dazn owns the rights to this fight and just give it to broadcasters in Mexico/UK and all the other markets it was shown for free, are you high? Of course they will sell it to broadcasters if they have no presence in that market? It was PPV in Australia as dazn isn't here.

By that logic PBC are going to make nothing from spence v porter as it is being shown on free TV. I'm not saying dazn made money from the fight, but just because it was on free in Mexico doesn't mean the Mexican broadcaster didn't pay for it.

Also you can't say 600K x $20 is the max they could have made from the fight in the US, those 600K could have theoretically signed up for a year, they may continue that subscription for 10 years, its what is called lifetime value of a customer and this is what you compare to the customer acquisition costs.

These calculations are the bread and butter for subscription services, its not as simple as X subscribers - cost of fight = profit/loss.

Comment

• That's a very good number. I am very impressed. That was one of the main reasons why I decided to sign up to DAZN year round in order to catch the Canelo Alvarez fights.

What makes it even more impressive is that it wasn't even broadcast over linear television. Rather it was broadcast over an online video streaming subscription service.

Comment

• Canelo is "The King of DAZN," and the face of boxing! Love it or Hate it, but get used to it!

Comment

• Originally posted by xxlefthookxx View Post
                  600K x 20, if they went with the one month subscription. so half fail?
                  True.....but even then it's a fail lol

Comment

• This is a good start for DAZN. After talk of only 15k subscriptions for AJ-Povetkin that was concerning.

Also, there's a problem with conflating subscriptions/PPV buys with viewers. I suspect DAZN is not getting the 8-10 viewers per PPV buy that is supposedly typical in the US, but it's got to be at least 3-4 viewers per buy on DAZN.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      Dude your theory of it being just 100K subscribers but everyone of then gave their password to 6 people never made sense and was pretty laughable but it's been debunked ESPN reporting DAZN made more the 48M off Subscribers for this fight. Based on that figure its almost impossible that they haven't hit the 1M subscribers mark. Subscription costs were 20 bucks for 1 month or 99 bucks for the year. Do the math from 48M
                      This is exactly what I mean about you. When did I say there was only 100k subscribers? When did I say that each gave there log on to 6 people? You're the one who said that schit, C'mon bra, get it together.
                      Last edited by KnickTillDeaTh; 05-09-2019, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X