Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAZN now has 1.2M Subscribers in the U.S.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    Agreed 100% it’s been so much better quality wise since even March. It was a very slow start though that left a bad taste in all or our mouths, then when it finally starts to get good, they double the price.
    Lowered the price for non poor people. Now you get an entire year for basically the cost of 1 ppv and like 4 cheeseburgers.

Comment

Guys, don't hate on _Rexy_. He is a Twilight Zone optimist of DAZN. The real reason why he plays devil's advocate is because he's LDBC. He talks and watches the fights, but enjoys the LDBC narrative of 85K subs. Again, Twilight Zone!

Quite true. When I saw the announcement I just thought "Great news. Guess that snake is getting my money after all" I'm really looking forward to the bantamweight tourny (140 is up in the air now that Crawford is gone, and would love to see a stacked 175)

Though I'm pissed that DAZN didn't get the rights to the CW finals. I also can't be mad at why no American broadcasters picked this up. First year tournament, two weight classes that historically nobody in North America really cares about (CW has always been looked at as a stepping stone division, which is sad since it's so much more of a powerhouse than HW is right now) and SMW is a division that it seems only UK fighters really hang around in for some reason. Yes the CW finals have been incredible, but it was a gamble. If there were upsets and the finals were Huck vs Dorticos nobody would have cared nearly as much. (though I'm a big fan of Dorticos. Hoping he can bounce back)
      incredible KO but I didn't realize at the time how amateur Tabiti was here. Drops his guard and lunges forward with his jaw. jesus lol I thought his holding was bad enough!

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        Basic cable bundle package in the US avg about 50 bucks a month. You need a channel bundle package to get FS1. Fact PBC costs you exponential more per month per year then DAZN. And now you don't even get their best fights because if it's a good fight they charging you 80 bucks PPV on top of that.
        Kind of cherry picking numbers if you’re giving the cost of cable as the cost of FS1. People aren’t paying $50 a month to only watch FS1.

And again though, it goes back to choice. How many PPV’s have pbc and tr run this year? I haven’t bought any of them because I feel they haven’t been worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by bchap05 View Post
          Lowered the price for non poor people. Now you get an entire year for basically the cost of 1 ppv and like 4 cheeseburgers.
          It’s the optics though. The price doubled in six months. I subbed on day 1, so it didn’t affect me, but from an optics standpoint it’s a bad look.

Comment

The numbers sound terrible to me. I have been watching and enjoying dazn, even their Bellator stuff. I've nothing against them and don't want to see them fail or anything. They can't sustain doing what they've been doing though. Something will have to change.

People are foolish of they think dazn is going to keep adding a mill every few months. It doesn't work that way when you have a product with limited appeal. If your initial surge is 1.2 mill, you're going to be in a bad way once that growth starts to slow down.
            Last edited by Redd Foxx; 07-08-2019, 12:34 PM.

Comment

It’s the optics though. The price doubled in six months. I subbed on day 1, so it didn’t affect me, but from an optics standpoint it’s a bad look.

Comment

Eddie is saving Murica! War Eddie! War DZNUTS!

Comment

PBC costs you a cable package bundle that includes FS1 (50 bucks a month), then you have to pay for Showtime even though you are lucky if they give you 1 fight a month these days (10-15 bucks a month) and on top of that all their best fights now go to PPV (80 bucks a pop each fight). They have had what 4 PPVs in the last 7 months with at least 3 more we know about later this year already.

$600 for FS1
                  $180 for Showtime
                  $320 for 4 PPVs already
                  Total $1100 and counting for 1 year to watch PBC

DAZN 100 bucks for the entire year no additional costs world class fights every week. But idiot PBC groupies arguing against DAZN because they want to be forced to pay 10X that LMAO
                  what kind of stupid math is this

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                    what kind of stupid math is this
                    bigjavi973

remind this poster how much you pay a month for ''premium'' cable service alone with a package, plus any additional expenses for side apps. Then multiply that by 12 and inform BufordTannen an approximation of American consumerism for sports entertainment.

Bigdunny1, myself, and you included have given examples and variables of what many American homeowners are WILLING to pay.

Bigjavi973 has also stated months before, in my threads, the amount of PPV's combined a year, assuming those PURIST boxing fans would buy them all in comparison for what you get with DAZN. That's just ''DAZN vs PPV'' not general premium packages.

We've got dummies saying, you don't get movies with DAZN as you would with Showtime and HBO etc.. blah blah with these dumb posters not realizing their failed attempts to discredit DAZN while they're justifying HUGE expenses... lol... in other words, people are wiling to pay high premiums for everything else, but not DAZN.

Dafuq outta herez! we's in da mean streets mayne!

Phenom IHITBACK

Comment

LMAO so now Bloomberg is lying. Just like your fraud azzz said the mulitple reports weeks before canelo fight saying they were close to 1M subscribers were lying. Then DAZN released statement of revenue and viewership for that fight that all matched up with about 1M subscribers. Now new reports they are currently at 1.2M subscribers. You were saying they didn't crack 1M...well they did and Canelo fought back in May we now in July and they still over 1M subscribers. Unless you have actual link or report to dispute this? Or we just going by your BS and lies. Your clown azzz weeks before the report they were close to 1M subscribers was saying they didn't even have 200K subscribers. We know your hating azzz was wrong but you been standing on the fence saying way they haven't passed 1M yet tho. You can't say that no more LMAO
                      Those are the same exact numbers as the Canelo fight. That's why the writer didn't add a source for his numbers. He used the numbers from the Canelo fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X