Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Mike Tyson desreve top 30 p4p status of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Mike Tyson desreve top 30 p4p status of all time?

In his prime i really believe he could beat so many great heavyweights. But we all know the story of his personal life ****ing everything up.

Still he is the youngest heavyweight champ in history he has wins over past Holmes, Spinks (underated win imo) Razor Ruddock (twice) Golota (even thoe it was ruled nc)
    50wins 44 kos 6 losses was unified undeafeated undisputed champ.
    Has one of the hardest punches p4p and easily top 3 fastest heavyweight of all time and overall top 10 heavyweight of all time.

I love Mike he's a huge reason I got into boxing but no he isn't a top 30 atg, not top 50 either.

Comment

No chance. I like Tyson but I would say top 100 is a bit of a stretch even. He was very, very good but not great IMO.

Comment

The whole P4P thing doesn't really translate to HWs, imo.

I would go so far as to say that Mike Tyson at age 21 is probably a match for any other 21 year old boxer in history. Not sure I can think of anyone who would beat him.

Comment

In terms of resume, no. I saw ESPN once rank him 49 or 50 so that might be an indication of where his resume lies in the grand scheme of things

But in terms of skills … elite punching power, elite handspeed, elite punch selection, very good defence (some say it's elite head movement, good feet movement), stamina not so good, lack of Plan B/serviceable jab not good … even factoring in his flaws, and assuming this is the prime Mike with Kevin and Cus in his corner, that's one of the best fighters ever head to head. There's just a handful of heavyweights I'd pick to beat prime Mike and only 2 or 3 of those would I be fully confident in

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
            In his prime i really believe he could beat so many great heavyweights. But we all know the story of his personal life ****ing everything up.

Still he is the youngest heavyweight champ in history he has wins over past Holmes, Spinks (underated win imo) Razor Ruddock (twice) Golota (even thoe it was ruled nc)
            50wins 44 kos 6 losses was unified undeafeated undisputed champ.
            Has one of the hardest punches p4p and easily top 3 fastest heavyweight of all time and overall top 10 heavyweight of all time.
            A lot of these dick suckers be gagging on Marchegiano's pole so you can bet your bottom dollar Tyson should be ranked pretty high. You have to know Boxing to really know how talented Mike was.

Comment

Resume? No. Peak? Yes.

Comment

Working...
              X