Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo will NOT be a 3 division champ if he beats Fielding.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Why not recognize wba? It’s the oldest alphabet organization of them all.
    the wba is older than the wbc by like a month or two.

the ibu/nsc/nysac titles that created the wbc title are older than the nba title that created the wba title.

i stopped recognizing the wba world title in 2001 when the wba world title stopped being the wba's top title. i don't recognize the wba super title as a world title because not even the wba says it is.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      the wba is older than the wbc by like a month or two.

the ibu/nsc/nysac titles that created the wbc title are older than the nba title that created the wba title.

i stopped recognizing the wba world title in 2001 when the wba world title stopped being the wba's top title. i don't recognize the wba super title as a world title because not even the wba says it is.
      Why ‘recognize’ any?

The way I see it, the titles carry some kind of prestige in itself, but what really matters is resume ie who you fight, who you don’t fight and why you don’t fight them.

What I normally do recognize though, is linage but that concept is getting more and more difficult by the year.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Why ‘recognize’ any?
        Because the WBC world championship, which is a merger of the IBU, NSC & NYSAC championships, has been how the world has determined the world champion of boxing for a century now. To this day it continues to be the most respected, prestigious and recognized championship in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          common-sense dictates that a sanctioning body can only recognize 1 champion in a single division
          All of the sanctioning bodies recognized dozens of champions. Youth, regional, national, international, continental, intercontinental, world, etc.

The WBA recognizes one world champion in a single division. At super middleweight, they recognize Canelo as world champion.

Comment

All of the sanctioning bodies recognized dozens of champions. Youth, regional, national, international, continental, intercontinental, world, etc.

The WBA recognizes one world champion in a single division. At super middleweight, they recognize Canelo as world champion.

who cares what the greedy WBA think ?

are they your mom ?

FACT: it is impossible - by the very dictionary meaning of the word - for a sanctioning body to recognize more than 1 champion in a single division

champion
            /ˈtʃampɪən/Submit
            noun
            a person who has surpassed ALL rivals in a sporting contest or other competition.

FACT: the Bullshlt WBA junior titles ONLY exist because of greed and corruption..... most adults are well-aware of that fact and could never support greed and corruption, or anything else that dilutes the standards within our sport

FACT: anyone with a clue knows that the WBA junior titles are rubbish..... the smart guys (like Cliff Rold, Jake Donovan, David Greisman) simply ignore them..... the dumb guys, prove that they DKSAB, and probably don't care

carry on lol

Comment

who cares what the greedy WBA think ?
              You don't have to care about what they think, but they do get to decide for themselves who their world champion is.

I don't care what the greedy WBA thinks about anything because I don't recognize the WBA as having the authority to sanction world championship fights. I only recognize the WBC and IBF.

Comment

You don't have to care about what they think, but they do get to decide for themselves who their world champion is.

I don't care what the greedy WBA thinks about anything because I don't recognize the WBA as having the authority to sanction world championship fights. I only recognize the WBC and IBF.

the who, is fine..... the how many, is ******ed

I get to decide who I recognize, and so does everyone else

smart guys do not recognize the WBA junior titles..... because they were conceived to generate sanctioning fee's, and because you cannot recognize more than 1 champion in a single division

those fighters are all eligible for the SAME title

Comment

the who, is fine..... the how many, is ******ed
                  The WBA only has one super middleweight world champion. Canelo. Smith isn't the WBA super middleweight world champion.

I get to decide who I recognize, and so does everyone else
                  Good. So stop recognizing the WBA entirely. That's the only logical solution.

Comment

The WBA only has one super middleweight world champion. Canelo. Smith isn't the WBA super middleweight world champion.
                    Callum Smith is the WBA super champion, you idiot. And Canelo is the WBA "regular champion". That's a bull**** title, something like an interim champion in other versions.

Comment

So, now Canelo is on one level with these guys (WBA regular champions), for example:
                      Manuel Charr,
                      Beibut Shumenov,
                      Brian Castano,
                      Jesus Rojas,

Comment

Working...
                      X