Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury: The Heist

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joshua's good for now. He's sold another shed load of tickets again and the Povetkin fight will be another money maker for him.

I do think the Wilder/Fury fight forces his hand now a little though in regards to his next move. If Wilder wins, I think Joshua will have pressure on to get the Wilder fight made more than ever. Which will work in Wilder's favour when it comes time to once again talk about splits and money. He will have gained at least some more leverage.
    Last edited by Chrismart; 08-20-2018, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dat View Post
      Nice article. Spot on. I’d watch this anytime over chinny Joshua vs the roider Povetkin.
      If AJ's chinny then so are Wilder and Fury going by your standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock&Roll View Post
        "We hope that it leads to a conclusive winner and to Joshua, but the latter seems increasingly unlikely"

I have to agree. Miller will be protected until he gets Joshua fight (didn't want Pulev and Joyce) and so will Whyte now that he fought Parker (after ducking Pulev and Ortiz).

Hearn is the new Arum, in house fights wherever possible. Otherwise accept C side offer.
        miller ducked whyte also. flat out refused.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
          You can't be serious Lol AJ v Povetkin is not "exciting." No one was asking for or is truly interested in that fight. It's just a solid duck job by Eddie.
          its a mandatory. im excited about it. povetkin is a beast.

Comment

Joshua vs Povetkin is a good fight between two top 5 heavyweights. Fury vs Wilder is a freakshow. Fury has beaten two opponents (both of whom aren't even ranked in the top 100) and now he gets a world title shot. What a bunch of bull****.

Comment

This is a good fight on paper, but this version of Fury isn't beating Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by allen23 View Post
                who really cares about the gate..unless you stand to gain from it. i dont understand people putting more relevance behind the numbers rather than the quality of the fight! Two undefeated heavyweights looking to back up their words what more could u want..
                Totally agree. I could care less about what's in their pockets.

Comment

Fireworks - Fury had average hw power b4 his coke and gravy binge...cant seem to crack an egg at this point. Gonna b a dull fight until Bumsquad connects ...good luck selling this ppv here in the States.

Comment

The boys of the 6’8” club are definitely hanging AJ out to dry. How stupid is it to miss out on coming to America and fighting for over 50,000,000 dollars??? Well AJ did just that!!!

Now he is chancing getting KO’d and watching The two boys of the 6’8” club walk away with all the dough and glory leaving dumbass in the bar ditch!!!

Comment

Originally posted by allen23 View Post
                      who really cares about the gate..unless you stand to gain from it. i dont understand people putting more relevance behind the numbers rather than the quality of the fight! Two undefeated heavyweights looking to back up their words what more could u want..
                      Yeah, this whole "Fanager" thing is getting way too out of hand. Everyone is a financial expert who has the fighter's career in mind. They know how to promote fights, when they should be made, when they shouldn't be made, how the money split and terms should go, etc. It's getting ridiculous.

(Or maybe it always was )

Comment

Working...
                      X