No announcement yet.

Lara fights the completely wrong style once again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lara fights the completely wrong style once again

In the Canelo fight he runs around the ring for 12 rounds and loses a fight he would have easily won had he mixed It up a little more often and against a huge brawler type in Hurd, he stands his ground and fights.

You'd think he would have tried to fight the style he did vs Canelo and win easily on points and stay out of harms way. And before you tell me he's older and Hurd wore him down, Lara came out fighting this way last night and then eventually he did get worn down, anyone would fighting ag aisnt Hurd that way.

Began fine, then the last half he began fighting like a idiot, his own fault.

Comment

It’s called American blacks are stronger than cubaL

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
        In the Canelo fight he runs around the ring for 12 rounds and loses a fight he would have easily won had he mixed It up a little more often and against a huge brawler type in Hurd, he stands his ground and fights.

You'd think he would have tried to fight the style he did vs Canelo and win easily on points and stay out of harms way. And before you tell me he's older and Hurd wore him down, Lara came out fighting this way last night and then eventually he did get worn down, anyone would fighting ag aisnt Hurd that way.
        Hurd didn't have the respect for his power, he took some of Lara's best shots in the first couple of rounds and that set the tone. I don't think Lara could have fought much differently, he boxed when he was afforded time and space, but Hurd was bringing so much pressure and was right on top of him, pressure from a taller longer guy like that, who can also punch short is the worst kind of pressure.

Hurd also used his length at times, the jab was effective, and was throwing good counter right hands, which made Lara hesitate with the jab. I am telling you what Hurd was doing because you seem oblivious as to why Lara couldn't fight 'His' fight.

Lara could have moved a bit more, but I'm sure that would have made him more tired at the end. He fought almost as well as he could, used combinations and hard punches to keep Hurd honest but it was Hurd who was dictating the tempo and quite frankly he is a monster at the weight.

Comment

He had to earn respect early and try to get Hurd to blow off some steam for the later rnds but Hurd is in some good shape but he couldn’t dance for 12 rnds with someone that big at some point u have to fight that MF

Comment

There are reasons why he fought they way he did in both fights. Those were tough fights stylistically for him and he did his best.

Comment

That had a lot to do with Hurd.

Comment

Confusing thread.
                He lost in the Canelo fight, why would he use the same running style again?
                What am I missing?

Comment

I thought Lara did what he could against a pressure fighter who was younger, stronger and in great condition. He gave away size and strength to the younger man.
                  Lara fought well to make it a very close fight.
                  Lara showed a lot of courage and skill against a young man who was "willing" to get tired trying top win. Congrats to both men.

Ray

Comment

Did you watch the fight its hard to run when you constantly pressured and getting the ring cut off on you; it was pretty even early on; and had lara up 4-3 after 7; bur from my eye round 4 on I saw Lara was in trouble he was getting broken down and showing wear and tear

Comment

Working...
                    X