No announcement yet.

Negotiations are publicly held only to get fans arguing and interested

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negotiations are publicly held only to get fans arguing and interested

They create finger pointing and intrigue, They make the fans blame the other fighter for the fight not immediately happening and to make the betting lines go up and down. In the Mayweather-Pacquiao fiasco I was a rookie of big fights as That was the first real big fight while I was online. Now I am just sitting back and laughing at the commotion on here. These Promoters will make these fights happen when it will make them the most money. The drama is entertaining and funny so I will enjoy the build ups and just hope the fights don't get interrupted with upsets

Nah I think it's real Wilder wants the fight next Matchroom want it next year

Wilder people are making it public because Hearn does 50 YouTube interviews a day and want to put the pressure on them to make the fight next

Comment

Yep. I agree, Larry.

Comment

yes you were a rookie and now you realize all big fights take 5 years to make.it wasn't ducking after all...

Comment

It works obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            yes you were a rookie and now you realize all big fights take 5 years to make.it wasn't ducking after all...

As if the casual fan reads this back and forth you really don't need to sell the fight to people that follows the negotiations

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post

As if the casual fan reads this back and forth you really don't need to sell the fight to people that follows the negotiations
              Most of the posts on this site are from casual fans man

Comment

There isn't any point in getting excited about it. The fighters either fight or they don't and they decide not the fans.

Comment

Could you imagine if other sports worked like boxing and Bob Arum ran them?

"Well we are trying to make that Red Soxs vs Yankees game but.....

1. I dont know how to get ahold of the Yankees, cant reach them

2. The Red Soxs are in the Philippines and not returning my calls

3. We would have to build an entire new stadium from scratch to house the game

4. The Yankees will take a drug test but only up until 14 days before the game because they are superstitious of needles.

5. We are looking to host the game in some obscure country and a dictator/saudi prince/oil tycoon promised to put up the funding but I havent seen the deposit in escrow yet.
                  Last edited by elfag; 06-20-2018, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Ive said this basically from the start of teh Joshua Wilder fiasco.

The fight is much bigger now after all this media back and forth. Im still not sure if it happens next, but to me this whole thing has been designed by the promoters to increase intrigue for the fight and get people talking.

Hopefully they dont go down the May vs Pac route of using the rivalry to sell other (still good but) less anticipated fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X